Bream Social April 29th 2012

Manni79

Hey Everyone

So Khoi,Ted & Myself are organizing the Bream social for late April and are looking to finalise a few details.

Unfortunately we don't know the area very well and will be looking to do some recon very soon !!!

Given it's "The Peoples Social" :woohoo: I would love to get some feedback from people that know the area very well on the following.

1. Can someone suggest a great location/boat ramp - we will be having a quick briefing in the morning and then everyone launching from the same spot if possible

2. Some where good for a BBQ after the event

Would be great if it's one location.... so we can have a central event area/HQ :)

If i get a few different suggestions I will organise a poll so we can vote on the most suitable location :)

Thanks

Manni

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would suggest the Scarborough Boat Ramp.

Big.

Easy.

Plenty of parks.

Just around the corner from Canals or Shallow Reef.

Is it going to be live weigh in, a photo measure in?

:)

P.S. Anyone insterested in this can join the social groups page and RSVP here: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/131-afo-social-fishing-comp-redcliffe-bream?groupid=92

I think for the planning of BBQ's this whould almost be 100% mandatory so organisers dont under cater and get whinged at or over cater and be out of pocket...

Angus

Hey guys

Just had an idea for us land-based people if there is a lcoal boat hire place

we can get say 3-4 land-based people that will get picked last in deckie spots

we could get together and hire a boat for the day just an idea though.

Cheers jamie

Ps. about the topic i dont know the area to well but from google maps pelican park looks pretty decent

Hey guys

Just had an idea for us land-based people if there is a lcoal boat hire place

we can get say 3-4 land-based people that will get picked last in deckie spots

we could get together and hire a boat for the day just an idea though.

Cheers jamie

Ps. about the topic i dont know the area to well but from google maps pelican park looks pretty decent

There will be some deckie spots put up closer to the event. There are plenty of land based options around there apparently as well.

I will have one in my boat but I will not have as much time as others as I need to leave later and get back earlier to organise the bbq.

These are socials and not sheep stations. I do not think it is a good idea to exclude people because they want to use bait. I think most people will take the opportunity to jump on board with a lure fisho if they can. A good way to expose people to the other side of fishing. We need to keep these social and inclusive.

These are socials and not sheep stations. I do not think it is a good idea to exclude people because they want to use bait. I think most people will take the opportunity to jump on board with a lure fisho if they can. A good way to expose people to the other side of fishing. We need to keep these social and inclusive.

was just a suggestion ted :) i like the social side of these mate thats why ive already filled my boat with people i have never fished with or met ;) if you need help with anything just let me know

lures only i reckon evens up the feild a bit :lol: ohh im happy to tow a few yaks if they dont mind doing 100klm/hr :silly:
ill come in my yak being towed at 100k would be fun :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: forget the fishing :ohmy: ..al

was just a suggestion ted :) i like the social side of these mate thats why ive already filled my boat with people i have never fished with or met ;) if you need help with anything just let me know

That is great Troy. sorry if I sounded like I was having a shot mate. I wasn't. I think this is a great platform to get people involved. Looking forward myself to meeting new faces.

Cant wait the hit the 100 k mark!! :woohoo:

I've added some preliminary details to here: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/131-afo-social-fishing-comp-redcliffe-bream?groupid=92

Please check again closer to the date as things might change (Where we are launching, Where the HQ will be, What time to be back, Event boundaries)

Two questions i have:

What do people think the event boundaries should be?

Would anyone be interested in a side-pot for the biggest bream?

don't think there should be boundaries? definitely keep newport canals in play ;)

And i reckon a side-pot for biggest bream would be sweet, maybe an option of opting up (throw in an extra $2 or $5, before event start) to be considered in the running for biggest bream? Winner takes all?

This sounds like a good excuse for a day out, Hopefully I can make it, I will confirm soon. I think Scarborough is a good spot to launch, and has parks on either side. Jamieson park is good, there is also endeavor park on the other side which is usually a bit quieter

I also dont think boundaries are needed, the good thing about Bream is Plugger who could probably hit anywhere in the bay and make it back in time, has just as much chance as the landbased guys

Oh I can just imagine the gloating if Mark pulls a giant bream out on gang-hooked pilchard ........... The 'bream boys' would be none to impressed!!!!!!!

I am planning on making this but won't confirm yet as we're away the following weekend for my best mates wedding. Agree with the others - no need for event boundaries. If someone wants to drive all the way to Moreton to catch a big bream, good luck to them. :lol:

Oh I can just imagine the gloating if Mark pulls a giant bream out on gang-hooked pilchard ........... The 'bream boys' would be none to impressed!!!!!!!

I am planning on making this but won't confirm yet as we're away the following weekend for my best mates wedding. Agree with the others - no need for event boundaries. If someone wants to drive all the way to Moreton to catch a big bream, good luck to them. :lol:

On 40lb mono straight through. :P

On 40lb mono straight through. :P

I thought he only used 30lb for a bit more 'finesse' these days .........

Archived