Bream Social April 29th 2012

Manni79

No i will be bringing my 8 foot 35 yr old solid glass rod with 6lb mono straight through as most of you think that would be a disadvantage against your $500 to $1000 dollar combos with that new fang dangeled braid that i wouldn't hang my soiled socks from. My combo doesn't crack $60 all up so you have nothing to fear :evil:

These are socials and not sheep stations. I do not think it is a good idea to exclude people because they want to use bait. I think most people will take the opportunity to jump on board with a lure fisho if they can. A good way to expose people to the other side of fishing. We need to keep these social and inclusive.

Oh I can just imagine the gloating if Mark pulls a giant bream out on gang-hooked pilchard ........... The 'bream boys' would be none to impressed!!!!!!!

I am planning on making this but won't confirm yet as we're away the following weekend for my best mates wedding. Agree with the others - no need for event boundaries. If someone wants to drive all the way to Moreton to catch a big bream, good luck to them. :lol:

On 40lb mono straight through. :P

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No i will be bringing my 8 foot 35 yr old solid glass rod with 6lb mono straight through as most of you think that would be a disadvantage against your $500 to $1000 dollar combos with that new fang dangeled braid that i wouldn't hang my soiled socks from. My combo doesn't crack $60 all up so you have nothing to fear :evil:

These are socials and not sheep stations. I do not think it is a good idea to exclude people because they want to use bait. I think most people will take the opportunity to jump on board with a lure fisho if they can. A good way to expose people to the other side of fishing. We need to keep these social and inclusive.

Oh I can just imagine the gloating if Mark pulls a giant bream out on gang-hooked pilchard ........... The 'bream boys' would be none to impressed!!!!!!!

I am planning on making this but won't confirm yet as we're away the following weekend for my best mates wedding. Agree with the others - no need for event boundaries. If someone wants to drive all the way to Moreton to catch a big bream, good luck to them. :lol:

hahahaha,,way to go Mark.

Someone's gotta teach these young whipper snappers the finer art of fishing.

The old Black Queen is one of the best Bream rods ever built but only real fishermen would know these things. :P:P:P:P:P

Give me a floatlined bait for Bream any day of the week over lures. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The old Black Queen is one of the best Bream rods ever built but only real fishermen would know these things. :P:P:P:P:P

Give me a floatlined bait for Bream any day of the week over lures. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I've got a blackqueen :)

Stripper guide needs replacing though :/. May or may not have been passed down from by grandfather - boy you blokes must be old! :lol::P

If you ever get rid of it Jords keep me in mind

I've got a blackqueen :)

Stripper guide needs replacing though :/. May or may not have been passed down from by grandfather - boy you blokes must be old! :lol::P

apparently a couple of black queens sold at the tinnie and tackle show the other day.

i'm rubbish at bream but tina is pretty good at catching them, we might be away that weekend though. these socials are coming together good.

I Don't really know any of you on this site but hopefully that changes soon. can I suggest (if it hasn't already) that a code in texter should be put on each brag mat if anglers are planning on taking pictures for the comp. easily cleaned off with turps after the day and ready for the next social. Something unique for the day like a 4 digit code at the start of the day as you register and pay, the judges write that code on you brag mat. Always a chance somebody will buck te system and ruin it if money is involved.

The people here are an honest lot dunney, except for Runty, he'll do just about anything to win :lol::P. There is a system like that in place for the afo comps, maybe something similar can be organised for the socials but I don't think it will really be required.
I only suggest it because I keep Reading there are a lot of new people who will be comming to these events you guys haven't ever met. But I to doubt there will be cheaters.

The people here are an honest lot dunney, except for Runty, he'll do just about anything to win :lol::P. There is a system like that in place for the afo comps, maybe something similar can be organised for the socials but I don't think it will really be required.

i get to choose the hand signal for the tuna social...

ive been fishing for tuna for the last few weeks :P may have this one in the bag ;)

There is a park towards the end of Landsborough av at Scarborough with a sandy foreshore, if you start there and head north for a few hundred meters casting out shallow diving lures such as Pontoon 21 Crackjacks or SX40's etc you will pick up some decent Bream. There is a lot of scattered rocky reefs that fish exceptionally well along there. I find that if you are not snagging your lure you are not catching, ie get your lure in the structure don't be afraid to loose them.

Hopefull you can pickup a decky spot before then cboy69 - recommendations depend on where your thinking of fishing?

ie - deep diving hardbodies rolled across the flats?

I think cboy is looking for someone to jump aboard his boat

If thats the case I'd be keen to jump aboard and show you around the area before the social as I wont be at the event :( if you can manage a mid week trip.

Crazywalrus wrote:

51MPL wrote:

Hopefull you can pickup a decky spot before then cboy69 - recommendations depend on where your thinking of fishing?

If your looking for a decky cboy69 - I'll jump aboard! not a pro though... but have some lures and even light rods you can use???

Justin

Despite some earlier critism I think this is shaping up really well. I note at least half of the RSVP list are members I have never met (thus never been to an event) which is awesome. Thanks to all the members so far that have encouraged and made these new event attendees feel welcome.

Now lets hope everyone turns up :)

Ill be fishing with Do$tylz although he has been to lazy to RSVP :P

Angus

is it easy to yak around there???
yeah man one of the easiest places to yak as the good ground isn't too far of a paddle and there are canals that you can hit up as well. Check out the location KAF has mentioned a couple of posts up the page and you really can't go wrong as the structure is quite easily identified.

Unfortunately I don't have any form of water craft. So I will just have a crack on foot.

If thats the case I'd be keen to jump aboard and show you around the area before the social as I wont be at the event :( if you can manage a mid week trip.

Sorry I don't have a boat. Perhaps one day we can meet up and do some land based fishing together mid week. I get Wednesdays off. :)

I just tee'd up a mate to come with me on my boat,were both looking forward to it,and to meet some pro's to give me some much needed tips...I want to learn more bout soft plastic fishing and keen to meet people who would like to come out on my boat and teach me a few things..

Cheers...

Archived