Bream Social April 29th 2012

Manni79

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a back up plan as the forecast is for 1`5 to 20knot winds possibly reaching 25knots at times i have been there once many years ago and remember it as very exposed except for those small canals

There are canals, the caboolture river, the harbour itself?

I think we should go ahead as planned regardless. Even if it is aaaaaaaaweful and we all end up huddled under a picnic covering... Well it is a social isnt it! I personally think this should be standard philosophy for the events... If we start chopping and changing locations and dates I personally think it will fall apart fast. Worst case scenario, come along, get your attendance points, have a bbq? Maybe lucky door the pot? Something anyway.

Take the YTKF, Sambo, AJ social. There is a very real possibility this might not work, but I think we should meet somewhere anyway, have a yarn and a beer. Maybe nominate another species on short notice thats achievable close to the ramp (bream, flathead, whatever)....

Just my two cents.

Ill be Sunday :)

Angus

Is there a back up plan as the forecast is for 1`5 to 20knot winds possibly reaching 25knots at times i have been there once many years ago and remember it as very exposed except for those small canals

There are canals, the caboolture river, the harbour itself?

I think we should go ahead as planned regardless. Even if it is aaaaaaaaweful and we all end up huddled under a picnic covering... Well it is a social isnt it! I personally think this should be standard philosophy for the events... If we start chopping and changing locations and dates I personally think it will fall apart fast. Worst case scenario, come along, get your attendance points, have a bbq? Maybe lucky door the pot? Something anyway.

Take the YTKF, Sambo, AJ social. There is a very real possibility this might not work, but I think we should meet somewhere anyway, have a yarn and a beer. Maybe nominate another species on short notice thats achievable close to the ramp (bream, flathead, whatever)....

Just my two cents.

Ill be Sunday :)

Angus

We'll just suck it and see - i think Angus pretty much covered some plan B options but best to work it out when everyone rocks up :)

can i just say even though the weather will be less that ideal there is a very real chance that 1 or 2 legal fish will win the day...(i saw a post earlier asking if only legal size fish count or can you measure any bream of any size. if you can measure any size fish then its a fair game for anyone in less than ideal weather)

I would prefer only legal fish to be entered otherwise i'll be going through entries all day :(

You can use your mobile phone so long as the measurements are clear to the mm and you have an external memory card / data cable.

The HQ is above - Manni just posted it.

I think we should go ahead, if worse comes to worse hitup the pub for some drinks and a feed + chat.

There's no possibility of Coomera LOL.. how many people are coming? and in such a small waterway? and when it rains down there the water gets dirty so fast

I would prefer only legal fish to be entered otherwise i'll be going through entries all day :(

You can use your mobile phone so long as the measurements are clear to the mm and you have an external memory card / data cable.

The HQ is above - Manni just posted it.

I think we should go ahead, if worse comes to worse hitup the pub for some drinks and a feed + chat.

There's no possibility of Coomera LOL.. how many people are coming? and in such a small waterway? and when it rains down there the water gets dirty so fast

I like that idea.

Angus

I been getting the boat and bait ready all morning, beer is in the esky already and just went to anaconda to get some more wet weather gear...keen as! We'll be fishing up till cut off time and will probably hang around for a while at the pub or whatever, as long as there's somewhere to park the boat where all my stuff won't get ripped off!

Depending which forecast you look at the weather doesn't look great but it won't be horrible :)

Archived