Your thoughts please

Shirvo

Hey,

I am going to take the next step in the world of reels and am finding it pretty hard to find any decent advice when comparing 2500 size reels. I am thinking the Stradic Ci4 - anything compare to it or surpass it in that price range?? I am fishing from a kayak for faltties/bream and anthing else of the same nature.

Cheers

Shirvo

or you could step up alittle and get the new sustain 1000 or 2500 FG ( Retail for just over 300) ( could find somewhere cheaper online for under 300) , i dont have one but felt them everytime ive been in a fishing shop that stocks them!! Or the rarenium ci4 is also bout the same price range as the stradic.

dont worry about looking though that Daiwa rubbish ;)

What rod do you have to match it BTW?

Have you looked at the Daiwa Sol? I personally prefer it to the stradic, it is a lot smoother, but not as light. They are about the same retail price, however the Stradic seems to be on sale all the time, and u can pick one up for $240 or less on ebay. Only problem with teh soll is teh roller bearings tend to get corroded, so you will need to be careful to wash it after going out in the yak

Stradic fj is a better reel for less money. Pflueger Patriarch, Abu Revo, Shimano anything, Daiwa anything, the options are endless and you'll get a different opinion from everyone. I am going through the same thoughts at the moment and I am thinking another Stradic fj or try a biomaster or ultegra from ebay.

Personally i own both. Stradic c14 and a Stradic fj and i just bought a Rarenium C14 BEST THING I EVER DID!

it is light like the c14 but has a slow gear drive for Soft plastics and lures absolutely BRILLIANT!

imo ;)

[attachment=48270]RARENIUM-2500S.jpg[/attachment]

Dont worry you can thank me later :)

Good luck on your final decision

X2 that or a stradic ci4, I like them abit better then the stradics, but only ABIT.. thats just me anyway :silly:

daiwa sol 2500 has all the drag pressure you need.... have seen em pull in 10kg sambos in w.a with no problems....i have one for the last 6yrs and never been serviced and still smooth as! i think it comes down to personal preference . i own shimanos and daiwa from 1000 size to 4500 size and have never had a problem......happy shopping

Archived