So many set ups

sari96

Personally I take more than one outfit on trips so I can have say 1 rod with fluoro for cranks, one with braid or straight through mono for surface, and a stiffer rod for plastics. Or so I can have a few different jig heads or lures rigged. So example as the sun gets higher, I can probe a spot with surface lures, and I the fish are tentative throw a crank. Or have 2 jig heads so when fishing exposed pontoons throw 1/28th, but as I turn the corner to the next pontoon which Is protected, throw an unweighted plastic. Or throw a plastic at a pontoon one cast, then a crank acros the Rockwell in between the pontoons, before throwing a plastic atthe next one. Etc. etc.

By no means necessary, but very much useful

Also allows more time for shenanigans - can never be enough shenanigans

Totally see your point Jords but they aren't really the same setup if they have different rod action and different line.

I run two identical setups purely for the sake of letting mates who don't own gear to have a go.

Trolling is a different story where I run three near identical setups.

Totally see your point Jords but they aren't really the same setup if they have different rod action and different line.

I run two identical setups purely for the sake of letting mates who don't own gear to have a go.

Trolling is a different story where I run three near identical setups.

Yeah i guess thats true mate. But when you're running three setups at once, it's a bit hard to do with just one setup :P

Archived