Mud island 7th of April

The Mad Hughesy

Hey team,

I'm hitting mud for the first time this weekend. I've done a good search of the forum and have some good ideas of what to do out there. Just wanted to know if you had any extra tips before I go? Il just be fishing light for squire, bream, sweetlip etc

some guys at work tell me stories of unstopable fish out there...so I'm taking my tld loaded up and floating a whole slimey mackeral out the back to see what's out there. Anyone had exp like that?

Cheers

Chris

i dont reckon you should worry about bringing you TLD, just get in the way..

if your achored it would be alright, but at mud your better off drifting.

If you go in close in the shallow water and flick the drop off's on the reef you'll be bound to catch afew grassie sweetlip, cod, squaire and afew bycatchers.. eg bream, tailoir ...

now best place to get pike... their is a cardinal mark on the nth-wst side of mud, it always holds pick.

when using the pike as bait, try and use them unwieghted or minimal weight as possible. put a little nick down the side of your dead pike as well

some of the fish out their well put u and ur tld to the test. anchor upo and get a small pilly chunk trail going and have the pike down in that.

now drift or not to drft, each to their own, some say to drift other say not to. my best results on the drft is what i call small rat fish under the 50cm mark. but when i anchor, i get the bigger fish. if you are fish with plastics, than drift.

post-8878-144598775093_thumb.jpg

live or very fresh pike is a bomb bait......

yeah il be grabbing herring on the way out. Il try for pike durin the week

plenty pike around the wello point jetty atm

best way to get em is a whiting sized long shank with a small fillet/strip of shiney pilchard flesh, on ultra thin line and let it drift around a foot under the surface

once youve got one, cut the belly section out and cut that into strips about 7mm wide by 30mm long

ull have 6 or 7 in half hour!

cheers

callum

live or very fresh pike is a bomb bait......

yeah il be grabbing herring on the way out. Il try for pike durin the week

plenty pike around the wello point jetty atm

best way to get em is a whiting sized long shank with a small fillet/strip of shiney pilchard flesh, on ultra thin line and let it drift around a foot under the surface

once youve got one, cut the belly section out and cut that into strips about 7mm wide by 30mm long

ull have 6 or 7 in half hour!

cheers

callum

thanks callum, il try and get over that side of town sometime this week

Archived