Berleying in the beach surf

friejuz

The only time I've seen burleying in the surf done the lads in WA when we fished ningaloo station they just hung an onion bag in the first set of breakers and the sharks would come within touching distance literally beaching themself !!!

Seen this at Fraser Island - water was just lapping the bait, and lemon sharks were coming up beaching themselves to reach it!

The only time I've seen burleying in the surf done the lads in WA when we fished ningaloo station they just hung an onion bag in the first set of breakers and the sharks would come within touching distance literally beaching themself !!!

Seen this at Fraser Island - water was just lapping the bait, and lemon sharks were coming up beaching themselves to reach it!

Awesome sight huh??

We got a handline with 15m seriously thIck steel coated trace and 200m of 200lb mono, a nice fresh trevally frame and just lob it Infront of which ever one you wanna catch, three blokes with gloves on hanging in for dear life up and down up and down up and down the beach!! Good times

Sorry to hijack thread I'll shut up now!

Callum

Yeah seen the Adventure Boound bloke do this. Frozen block of berley, defrosts while sitting on the sand and the waves suck the berley into the wash.

It's all good Callum - There is an underlying point that can be brought up - in that it proves you don't need to take burly out far for it to be effective. Just lapping at the edge of the wash is enough!

And yes, it was an unreal sight! We were thinking about running down and jumping on one! These were 6-7 ft Lemons.

If you need to use burley in the surf you are probably in the wrong spot. Most beaches have rather defined structure where the fish will invariably congregate, so there is little need for it in most cases. I only use it at very rare times to help hold a school in a gutter when I am on my on with not many baits in the water.

Archived