Soft plastic advice

squeak6969

Hey guys, so im starting to get into the soft plastic scene, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on tyes of plastics, what size jig heads etc to use to catch your bread and butter species, also any advice on techniques to use would be beneficial, i only ever fish land based generally in esturays and the odd jetty like at redland bay (my local lol), thanks for your help

Mate it's a bit of a broad topic. Jig heads depend on the depth/current of where you are fishing and also the plastic you are using. Some of my personal favourite plastics are squidgy wrigglers 80mm, squidgy critters, squiggly fish, powerbait minnows 3" & 4"' gulp 2" shrimp, gulp turtleback worm, gulp minnow 3" & 4", zoom fluke minnows 3". If I'm fishing water up to 3m deep I'll try to use nothing heavier than 1/8th. But as I said earlier that will depend on the current as well.

Damiki 3" armor shads in Moebi and skin blue have accounted for most of my fish on placcies, I use jig heads from 1/20th up to 1/6th weights. The eco gear bream prawns are a close second (not a real plastic though, I like to fish these as light as possible going down to a 1/48th.

Hope this helps.

Archived