Overpriced Spare Parts?

rayke1938

Well my penchant for killing things both mechanical and electrical continues.Went to NPD on Tuesday and noticed that the screen on my I-pilot remote was fogged up.

Hmm doesnt look good as they are supposed to be waterproof.

Kept it in the sun to see if it would dry out but no result.

On the way home it packed it in with the drive button failing to start the motor. All the other other buttons work ok including spot lock etc.Came home on the stern motor.

Pulled it apart when I got it home and main circuit board nice shade of green.

Second one that has failed first one under warranty but this one just out.

Never been in salt or immersed.

Rang BLA and RRP of $299 shiesenhousen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just ordered one on line from normal retailer in USA. RRP $139 and $14 post which works out half price.

I realise that the Aussie market is a lot smaller but 100% price difference is a bit too much and the yank retailer is still making his bit.

Cheers

Ray

You're right about mark up ray, I just looked on ebay and I can get an Ipilot delivered for about $430 to upgrade my riptide......here they're asking $770. I might shout myself one next week B) The spot lock feature is what mainly interests me. I like the idea of holding postition without stabbing the foot pedal and adjusting prop speed every 30 seconds.

As far as a "waterproof" remote failing twice due to water then that's clearly a design fault, I'll keep mine in a ziplock bag I think.

This is a common issue in Australia Ray. Just be glad you arent buying enterprise computer software, a few that i use retail in Australia for over 3 times the amount they do in the US for the exact same product. :ohmy: A product that isnt even physical, its serial key is delivered to you via email and you download the software.

I heard the other day the government is looking at holding a inquest into this ludicrous overcharging. Lets hope something comes of it. :unsure:

BLA have a room full of 5 tech heads with minn kota's everywhere in there being fixed . drop it by them and show them the problem as they may have spare bits lying round .

I worked there for a little bit and know alot of minn kota's need repairing ;)

Bla not interested in non BLA supplied goods.

Cheers

Ray

Archived