what do you think? boat for sale on ebay

Runty66

hey all,

been looking around for afew boats and found this fella on ebay.

The hull lay out looks awesome perfect for fishing.. i would keep my leccy as this one looks like poo.

was thinking i might even sell the outboard and get a new 30hp suzki ( max hp) later if i dont get enough power outa this fella. 25hp should still go well tho.

4.5k is pretty good hey?

what do you think?

the ad has ended but ive been chatting to him and he said.. if i brough it for 4.5k he can hold it intill later so ive got time to sell my tinny to get the money.

i was thinking offer him 4 and go up alitte from there?

/>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120886274858&si=CyI%252Fi3eROyvCb6JGwsiInSLK5c0%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AAU%3A1123&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

cheers B)

Cheers

I'd keep looking, it looks like an old rig that has been tarted up a bit. Long way to drive if the whole thing turns out to be poo, and judging by the quality of that leccy it may well turn out that way. Get alot more photos before making the trip and make sure it is 100% ok before going any further.

I'd keep looking, it looks like an old rig that has been tarted up a bit. Long way to drive if the whole thing turns out to be poo, and judging by the quality of that leccy it may well turn out that way. Get alot more photos before making the trip and make sure it is 100% ok before going any further.

I Concur :whistle:

Al

I agree with the last 2 posts.

Also I don't think it necessarily suits the way your fishing is heading.

It has a pretty low bough for starters which will limit your Bay forays

and is only 4 metres long.

The bloke's kidding himself suggesting he'll hold it for you at the same price he DIDN'T just sell it for.

This is a sus boat mate. Only 25hrs on the motor. The elec motor is rusting and the trailer sounds like its rusted out already on a bot that's only 25hrs old..why has that happened. Either poor maintenance that probably flows onto the motor or the 25hrs are a load os crap.How old is the boat and motor? Bad design boat too for the bay.

Is it just me, or does part of the wooden floor look a bit dodgy on both the port and starboard sides near the front (the vertical bit of the floor)? Could be part of the floorboard on its way out.

Even the metal plates at the front near the leccy mount look a bit sus.

If I was you I would avoid any boat with any sign of a lack of maintenance. Things like the floor boards, and leccy should make you question "what else is wrong with it?"

Anyone can make a motor look squeaky clean with a bit of degreaser and some time up their sleeves.

Just remember, if it looks sus in a photo, you can guarantee it looks even more sus in real life!

You see I kind of disagree with many of the comments

I believe it looks reasonable for the money

Floors do warp on most boats but not hard to replace/fix

I would however ask for more details on the motor

ie. age/proof of hours

Trailer may be 2nd hand as maybe the electric

I would simply ask more questions

Regarding the motor, if it is only 20 hrs old he should have receipts etc. So that's an easy one to cross off.

I personally think without seeing more, it is a hell of a long way to drive (if it is 850km each way) to see a boat that is potentially questionable.

Archived