who went fishing last night and how did you go?

squeak6969

hey just thought id find out who took advantage of the day off today to go out and wet the lines last night? where did you go and what did you catch? i went off the jetty at redland bay last night for my most unsucsessful trip there yet, got nothing and only had 1 decent (if you could call it that) bite all night. might go check it out for a bit today, ive noticed it fishes better early morning and during the day than early evning/night.

I was sheltered up in the bend at the north east tip of Russell Island at the anchorage there with the other half just chillaxing.

Within 20 mins of throwing out a pillie I had a 1.4m Shovel nose ray on the line giving me curry. Later caught 2 pike eels that were easily 1.3-1.4 meters that were good fun, along with numerous bust offs. No normal fish though which was a real shame.

Later on in the day we caught a smally 24cm jew and a 42cm flattie.

post-9629-144598776962_thumb.jpg

post-9629-14459877695_thumb.jpg

post-9629-144598776968_thumb.jpg

Sorry about poor pic quality of shovelly. Was pretty dark and no flash on camera phone.

I went out last night for few hrs land based got a 79 cm jewie. Went out today in bay lost a really big long tail tuna. My reel shat itself. Thank god for shimano warranty. He was easily over a meter long. Took over an hour until reel blew. Chased him with boat too. Oh other hand got 5 decent school mackerel. Lost more than that too. Will post photos n report later. Looking to head out sunday arvo for another bay sess to chase longtails again n offshore monday if weather holds up.

Shane

I went out last night for few hrs land based got a 79 cm jewie. Went out today in bay lost a really big long tail tuna. My reel shat itself. Thank god for shimano warranty. He was easily over a meter long. Took over an hour until reel blew. Chased him with boat too. Oh other hand got 5 decent school mackerel. Lost more than that too. Will post photos n report later. Looking to head out sunday arvo for another bay sess to chase longtails again n offshore monday if weather holds up.

Shane

too bad about your reel, at lesat you got a good fight from it, sounds like you had plenty of fun anyway, and that jewie sonds really good

Shane

too bad about your reel, at lesat you got a good fight from it, sounds like you had plenty of fun anyway, and that jewie sonds really good

Yea man i was soo annoyed. I just got it back too i burnt the drag off it n now this. I think its signs to get a stella lol.

Jewie was okay pretty slow though. Lost a few good ones too.

The long tail was nuts biggest i have ever seen. I really wish we landed it.

Hopefully get a few sunday.

Shane

Yea man i was soo annoyed. I just got it back too i burnt the drag off it n now this. I think its signs to get a stella lol.

whered you go fo rthem?

Jewie was okay pretty slow though. Lost a few good ones too.

The long tail was nuts biggest i have ever seen. I really wish we landed it.

Hopefully get a few sunday.

Archived