RABY BAY CANALS EASTER SUNDAY UPDATE

EZY

After long night out with relitives from out of town I finally launched at 7am instead of 6am, did the usual thing of trolling to some of the larger holes in the area with not much luck. Got into canals to find bait on sounder everywhere fished the schools with minor success two small bream and a small flattie approx 25cm. Trolling along deep main channell to the next canal entrance bang!!!! 6kg camo stic went off after few long solid runs a jewie 65cm was successfully landed in the yak much to my delight. "beauty i'll get a couple of photos" as is my first jewie from the raby bay area what do you know I left the dam thing at home buggerrrrrrrr. Promptley released and thought "i'll give this another run" and before I could get 5oft off it went again this time a flattie to the 62cm mark yahooo dinner both fell victim to the good old reliable rapala glass shad in chartruese. Both landed on the camo stic 6kg, takeda 20lb braid and 20lb leader. The easter bunny didnt show but at least the easter jewie showed his face, stoked to say the least. Bring on the jewie category for the pirtek comp. Hope you all had a top easter. Ezy

P.S if anyone is keen to join me for the pirtek comp drop me a pm all are welcome thanks ezy

Nice one! But please, STOP SHOUTING! :P

From Forum rules;

Do not use excessively large font sizes or CAPITALS in threads and posts as it is considered shouting ;)

Nice work mate, nothing wrong with a bit of excitement ;) you want to hear some shouting :LLL over a 58cm thready back in the days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXg_pLOhsJ4&list=UUD_ZdpM-PiXAbpZyy_iRiMg&index=26&feature=plcp good to see a few jews around

I fished the canals landbased good friday with live/recentkly cast netted herring (they are delicate things to try and keep alive) and fresh prawns my brother cast netted in the river. Only managed undersized bream, tarwhine and moses perch although I did hook but drop at my feet large eel.

Clearly the case for purchasing a kayak has been proven.

Cheers

Chris

Archived