Tips for a Jindalee Noob

watson

Hi all,

I am new to Brisbane having moved up here from Melbourne a little while ago. I used to fish a lot when I was a kid, and work etc got in the way for the last few years. I have just started fishing again recently and live in the Jindalee area. At the moment I have a cople of rods, and some basic gear, but nothing too fancy. Just wondering whether some people might be able to give me some tips of where to go and what to target in this area (and more importantly, any suggestions for rigs/bait types)? I have seen a few posts suggesting Bull Shark and/or threadfin salmon. I would be really interested in both of those.

Is there reasonable land based fishing around here? or am I better off further down the river towards Breakfast Creek?

In short, really just want to get some basic pointers or helpful hints for fishing the brisbane river. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers everyone, and I am sure I will be posting more and becoming more of a part of this online community.

Wato

Ha ha I promise not to push AFL onto you all!

Don't worry about eddie hes 1 of theses league rock apes LOL go the BLUES.If you have the gear and catch a cat fish around the 10/15cm put a xl hook in its back and you never know your luck in the bribane river or you could try around some of the ramps like jindalee or figtree pocket for threadies.

Thanks for your help Jeff, greatly appreciated. I will give that a bash.

Also, I have been having a look around and it seems pretty clear that live bait is the go. I dont have a cast net or similar, and just wondering what you suggest in terms of bait. Is there anywhere you can buy live bait? or can you suggest a good bait to use?

Cheers Jeff, greatly appreciated.

Wato

Archived