A bit of politness on the water please.

BassTracker

Madmullet and I went for a spin over to 4 beacons yesterday morning, with lots of action around, although from what I hear we left a bit early and the main mackeral action happened after we left.

While there we expierienced the usual people who either think an anchor only needs to be thrown in the water to position the boat in the correct spot, no need to worry about proximity to other boats wind tide ect.. We even watch a guy deploy his reef anchor with almost straight prongs and no chain in a moving tide, if that wasnt funny enough he had the rope tangled around his leg and Im wondering if that might be where the irish jig originated.

What really got on my goat though were three guys (may be members on here) totaly cluless!!! We have four lines out behind the boat including a hundred meters of expensive 80 pound to a shark bait no to mention baits set on dowrigger ect. They come over in their "I must be a fisherman fluro bream master snapper assasin" tshirts and drive straight accross the stern. When Kurt and I both gave them a mouthful they still didnt understand why we were pissed off. Im not sure they understood much because after that they proceeded to throw slugs up tide then chase them with their boat until the caught back up to them,, I dont think the spinner would have got three feet down or even moved.

For good measure, as they left they drove accross the anchor line missing it by a foot.

Seriously, people need to go through more training before being let loose on the water.

Thus ends my vent. :evil:

sorry to hear you missed the mackeral bite fellas,

it is annoying when people are so inconsiderate, i cant be bothered saying anything most of the time as it achieves nothing and just couldnt be bothered wasting my breath. Although when it becomes downright dangerous ill have something to say.

No point me blowing up at someone for scaring all the fish away from my boat as they were never there to start with :silly: :whistle:

did you guys end up doing any good on the fish?

Have to agree with you there Basstracker. Seems to me that the majority of what you have explined happens at the Beacons. From my personal experience I have had many a run in with people that think they own the beacon and have to come right up your stern to fish where your lines are. I say if your there first then you have right of way to fish the spot, pleanty more beacons to fish out there.

Cheers,

Steve

Too true steve..

And zano.. missed the mackeral, we got some fantastic little runs to start with and our bait gtting owned by mackeral on the way up on the jigs but no solid hook ups.. but what a day on the water, Kurt did pick up a nice jew, and I had a nice 10 minute tussel with an unstoppable until the 40 pound couldnt take anymore..

I had a couple of jetski heros come blasting past me 10m either side of me. Just sheer lack of courtersy for anyone else on the water.

My rant.

Didn't that new rule come out this week that a jetski (probably boat as well) must slow to 10knts within 30 meters of another vessel. A very good safety rule in my opinion. If they hit a bow wave and get thrown off course pretty easy to have a collision.

Even on weekdays well offshore I have had knob jockeys come way to close. I had one knob charter boat skipper cut off aboat 80m of super expensive braid when he passed about 30m off our stern even though we were the only two boats on the ocean.

Had another charter knob continuously try to run over our trolled lures, 45km's offshore.

Even on weekdays well offshore I have had knob jockeys come way to close. I had one knob charter boat skipper cut off aboat 80m of super expensive braid when he passed about 30m off our stern even though we were the only two boats on the ocean.

Had another charter knob continuously try to run over our trolled lures, 45km's offshore.

Charter boat, what charter boat? :P haha, sorry couldnt help it. Yeh heard some bad stories from Noosa regarding Jet Skis vs kayaks.

My pet peeve is people not knowing that you are supposed to stick to the right hand side of the channel when underway. So many times i have had close calls with idiots coming at me head on around a corner on my side of the channel.

I have had a few people anchor up right behind the boat where im fishing, i find most of the time if you just say " hey mate your anchored up right where we are fishing, do you mind moving" that they do. And if they don't its fair game for me to start casting a 10 ball at their boat

Archived