Australis Bass kayak

squeak6969

hey guys anyone used one of these b4?

i just bought one for $150, the price was very right to get me started, has a rod holder on the front and back, the only problem i have with it is there is nowhere to put the fish i catch, will prob look at rigging something up shortly but this is it let me know what you think.

post-9690-144598779462_thumb.jpg

post-9690-144598779471_thumb.jpg

cheers

Great kayak, sensational price for it!!! Sit ins are always short on room. Soft esky you can stow behind your seat maybe? Calm water use only as there is not much freeboard normally. Watch out you don't get swamped by waves coming over the side ie choppy conditions and idiots getting too close in boats and jet skis.

Enjoy your new yak!!!

Great kayak, sensational price for it!!! Sit ins are always short on room. Soft esky you can stow behind your seat maybe? Calm water use only as there is not much freeboard normally. Watch out you don't get swamped by waves coming over the side ie choppy conditions and idiots getting too close in boats and jet skis.

Enjoy your new yak!!!

thanks for easing my mind, yeah i tend to want to keep away from other boats, i was mainly gna use it in esturies anyway, maybe the odd trip out to the hibis, but i figured it will defiently help with my fishing adventures, i was gna get a padded bage velcroed to the side for hodling tackel and probably put a small esky behid the seat, but i will work it out in time, and i got i9t just in time for the pirtek fishing challenge this sunday, so its defiently a winner :)

Enjoy your new yak!!!

thanks for easing my mind, yeah i tend to want to keep away from other boats, i was mainly gna use it in esturies anyway, maybe the odd trip out to the hibis, but i figured it will defiently help with my fishing adventures, i was gna get a padded bage velcroed to the side for hodling tackel and probably put a small esky behid the seat, but i will work it out in time, and i got i9t just in time for the pirtek fishing challenge this sunday, so its defiently a winner :)

+1 everything WayneD said, as the Australis Bass is very similar to my Old Town Otter I just upgraded from, although you already have rod holders so you're one up on my otter. Keep in mind its a slow hull so don't plan to paddle too far, especially in a choppy, windy estuary.

Enjoy your new yak!!!

+1 everything WayneD said, as the Australis Bass is very similar to my Old Town Otter I just upgraded from, although you already have rod holders so you're one up on my otter. Keep in mind its a slow hull so don't plan to paddle too far, especially in a choppy, windy estuary.

nah its mainly going to go up and down rivers trolling, the furtherest id prob go is off king island, but that would depend on the weather, being new to yaking id have to build myself up to going out in any sort of swell

Great little Yak more stable than an Otter, not quite as stable as a Minnow.

Easiest fishing Yak to eskimo roll, take my Minnow out at Wello,Redcliff etc would take that out, though if you are new to Yakking a bit of practice in some slop first would be a good idea.

awesome Kayaks, had one for over 10 years just sold it a few months ago, used mine in the estuarys and creeks, quite stable as they are pretty wide, the only prob was that the seat is bloody uncomfortable, i sold mine for $380 so you got yourself a pretty good deal

haha yeah the seat is a bit hard, i was gna go get some runenr padding for it, should make for a more comfortable ride

Great little Yak more stable than an Otter, not quite as stable as a Minnow.

Easiest fishing Yak to eskimo roll, take my Minnow out at Wello,Redcliff etc would take that out, though if you are new to Yakking a bit of practice in some slop first would be a good idea.

thanks,

yeah ill probably hit up tinny ck and a few canals first till im comfortable and get all the mods i want on it, then ill prob get a bit more adventorous

If your worried about taking a drink, just wear a skirt. Dont worry about the "girly comments" from the real yakkers, just dont squeal in a high pitched voice when you catch fish :)

If you want space you could do something like a crate on the back, just be mindful its up relatively high so may cause some stability issues if you fill it full of heavy stuff. But with a sit in your body mass is considerable lower anyway.

Lots of people build dashboards (both fixed and lift out of the way types) for them with storage room as well for the smaller stuff like pliers etc.

If your worried about taking a drink, just wear a skirt. Dont worry about the "girly comments" from the real yakkers, just dont squeal in a high pitched voice when you catch fish :)

If you want space you could do something like a crate on the back, just be mindful its up relatively high so may cause some stability issues if you fill it full of heavy stuff. But with a sit in your body mass is considerable lower anyway.

Lots of people build dashboards (both fixed and lift out of the way types) for them with storage room as well for the smaller stuff like pliers etc.

hahaha thanks but if i was worried about a bit of water id never by a yak in the first place, i have a few ideas for mods for storage but i think my biggest problem is still gna be wat to do with the fish i catch

a quick report on squeaks new addition, meet up with squeak on sun for a trip around the raby bay canals. caught a few bream and one hungry cod. both lost good fish early in morn with either dropped hooks or bricked us. decieded to hit brissie river for late tide with nothing to show for but a bloody big cat fish!! my pb cattie from a yak ive attached a few pic's in the end fun day out nice to meet a new yakker and see him "christen" his new yak. look forward to meeting a few more faces at redcliffe.ezy

post-2144-14459878317_thumb.jpg

post-2144-14459878318_thumb.jpg

post-2144-144598783189_thumb.jpg

post-2144-144598783198_thumb.jpg

post-2144-144598783207_thumb.jpg

a quick report on squeaks new addition, meet up with squeak on sun for a trip around the raby bay canals. caught a few bream and one hungry cod. both lost good fish early in morn with either dropped hooks or bricked us. decieded to hit brissie river for late tide with nothing to show for but a bloody big cat fish!! my pb cattie from a yak ive attached a few pic's in the end fun day out nice to meet a new yakker and see him "christen" his new yak. look forward to meeting a few more faces at redcliffe.ezy

you forgot to mention the small squire i caught early in the morning aswell lol, also that bream was my first fish on a soft plastic so i was cheering about that. it measured 29cm. thanks for the good day, looking foward to going out again wen i get back

Archived