Easter Monday Gold Coast

Aggro101

Hope everyone had a great weekend even if you didn't get out on the water. It looked like I wasn't going to get the chance to head out, but got a call from my sister who was staying at the Goldy Sunday evening about 7.30pm asking if we wanted to visit on Monday. My wife was working on Monday, so packed the kids and fishing gear, left the missus at home alone and went straight away.

Got there about 10.30pm and slept on the floor till sunrise. My daughter elected to stay in bed and spend the day playing with her cousins, but my son and brother in law jumped in the boat with me and we were off. Popped a quell each and headed out through the seaway.

Immediatly, you could see the birds working the surface in quite close. On closer inspection, you could see small tuna splashing everywhere. Grabbed a raider and hooked on first cast. As I was reeling in, I hear the guys behind me hurling up over the side. One quell was obviously not enough for them. They looked awful and as it was meant to be a fun day, I gave them the choice. Simultaniously they said "take me back, bhawwww!". Fair enough.....

Had some breaky back at the villa and decided to hit the broadwater up for bream. My son stayed behind and got some more sleep, but my brother in-law was feeling better by then and came along for round 2. We drifted beside sand banks with no sinkers and managed 10 bream and a few tailor using fresh prwans. All fish were released. I learnt a valuable lesson as well....always watch what you are doing when removing a hook from a tailor. I got a decent bite on my finger with plenty of blood and tooth marks to show for it.

Spent the afternoon on land with the kids playing in the sand and swimming. All in all it was a great day with the family.

Archived