Any new Nissan or Hyundai New car salespersons out there

rayke1938

My wife is in the market for a new nissan tiidi ti auto in white or champagne colour or depending on results of test drive tomorrow maybe an elantra active auto or a ix35.

Immediate cash sale no trade in.

She is very keen on the tiida as it is one of the few new cars available with a 5 disc cd player all the other makes have mp3 garbage where you have to download all your cds onto a mp3 which is too technical for us.

Cheers

Ray

mobile 0403072325

just like a woman to let the steroe in the care determine weather you like it or not. :pinch:

Rememberthe steroe can be changed relativelly easily if she prefers another vehicle.

unless of course its a jepp and it is tied in with the Can Bus system :blush:

My personal experience with my new nissan and after sales service has been about as bad as it gets. Please do yourself a favour and have a good look through the comments and complains from customers on their facebook page. I can remember a tiida with a dodgie automatic that was not covered under warranty and the car had 5000 km on the clock :( . And i am not just having a winge just for the sake of it i would hate to see anyone let alone a pensioner stuck with a massive repare bill on a car still under warrenty. They are not the same company they were 5+ years ago.

LOL.... All that new fangled stuff!

Ray I had a drive of an IX35 just recently and was a huge fan. Its not a huge car on the outside, but is really well laid out inside and has good little tricks like proximity key etc.

I think it had the ability to rip your discs to an onboard harddrive, so yes it only takes 1 disc at a time but you load the disc, rip it to hard drive there and then eject and load another. Space for 10 discs and no need to physically juggle them anymore. Could be wrong, but I think it was the same as feature as the Commodore now.

Hi Ray.

My wife and I bought an ix35 recently and she is very happy with it. I dont get to drive very often cos we tend to take the company vehicle everywhere (free fuel :P ) but when I do I really like it. Its very comfortable and the 2Ltr diesel has got some get up and go. All in all we are very happy with it.

The tiida wasn't a great car when it was released and is so far behind current models that it is is a (poorer) league of its own. Reviews have not rated it very much at all, the whole package is badly behind current car dynamics and quality, in all honesty just avoid it.

/>http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/articledetail.aspx?ArticleID=11234&vf=1

Feels cheap, drives cheap. Average equipment list. Noisy gearbox. Touchy brakes. Mediocre dynamics. Tyres lack grip. Inefficient load area design. Impractical child restraint anchor points. Lap-only centre rear seatbelt. Styling

It is one of the less refined engines in the class, flaring at times between shifts and lacking the responsiveness and smoothness of an electronic accelerator. Fuel economy is good, though, and you don't have to use premium unleaded.

Given that the Tiida is, in all respects, a distinctly non-sporting device, the six-speed gearbox serves little purpose other than to make you change gears more often than you should have to. It also has the noisiest action we have encountered in a manual. This is what the road tester's technical term "a bucket of bolts" actually sounds like.

While the Tiida has no serious vices in normal driving, against rivals such as Ford's Focus, the Mazda3 and Holden Astra it flounders, being neither confidence-inspiring nor enjoyable to drive with any enthusiasm.

The Nissan Tiida shows that the Japanese still know how to make a very ordinary car. It drives like something out of the early 1990s, looks like a cheap, tacky Euro clone and has too many unacceptable compromises in safety, equipment, refinement, design and performance.

/>http://www.topgear.com/au/nissan/tiida/verdict

The mazda 3, Ford Focus, Golf/polo, Hyundai i30, Holden cruize hatch, Corolla etc, heck, just about any car, would be better than a Tiida :whistle:

No offence Ray, I'm just trying to point you to far better cars for your money.

Having the automatic sedan version, most of both of those reviews have little negative the affects me. Also mine doesn't have a lap centre seatbelt its got a normal. And child seat points don't bother me.

Only thing that I think is lacking, is the fact that its got manual windows.

Love the fuel economy, as a student, doing minimum 500km a week, I need petrol to be as cheap as possible!

STAY AWAY from the Tiida Ray.... I bought one for the missus with 30k kms on it about a year back, i think you've seen the car before at NPD.. at 35k kms the crank shaft seal gave way, plus some other bits and pieces, Nissan had the car back for 4 days doing the warranty repair. when i got it back, they had left a gear wrench and a random lightbulb in the engine bay!!!! Plus, for some reason, the plastic face of the odometer was scratched up like hell.

anyway, here we are at 40k km, and the head gasket is giving way, plus some other engine seal. Brought it back to nissan, and they rang me back saying that the parts for the repair are back ordered from Japan and will need 4 weeks for delivery. When i picked up the car that night, i noticed that they had opened up the water pump assembly and sealed it up again as there was gasket sealant all over it. Funny thing is they didnt mention a word of it to me. Apparently the car is ok to drive till the parts arrive, but i'm not taking chances with it. Will be offloading it as soon as the warrranty repair is done.

Just reading Wheels magazine I noticed the comments about the Tiida in the new car section at the back.

Tiida - New-gen tiida can't arrive soon enough

Pluses - Facelifted tiida is swimming in kit - ST gets four 'bags, Ti gets leather, sunroof

Negatives - With a budget interior, crashy ride and tinny body, it's born to be rented

The Pick - Decent value in Ti spec, but Tiida finished last in our small car mega test...

Only thing that I think is lacking, is the fact that its got manual windows.

It baffles me how this is not a standard or a must on all cars now.

I mean, cars 20 years ago had electric windows, electric mirrors, cruise control, rear windscreen wipers, central locking... Sure I can understand them being optional extras back then... but now?? Sounds like a good enough reason to avoid for me ! :)

Ray I've sent you a PM.

If you looking for a recent second hand model, check out Qfleet auctions. They are government, very reliable and all their cars have full history. Prices are very reasonable. They give a 3 month warranty but if you getting a hyundai, which has 5 year manufacturer warranty it wont matter.

Thanks for all the advice. Missus has just signed up for a 130 cw wagon

Wouldnt even put a tow bar on it and when i said it protects the rear bumper she said it has reversing sensors so dont need it. :angry:

she is happy with it so that is all that matters.

Glad she gave the tiida a miss.

Cheers

Ray

Archived