Light line on baitcasters

Jufish

Hey all,

I've used baitcasters for a while now but never with light line, about a month ago I tried spooling a baitcaster reel with 8 lb fluoro straight through and it didn't end well. For some reason every time I cast, it would some how tangle with other strands lower on the spool (not birds nesting). Anyway I ended up having to cut a lot off.

So before I do that again I'm Looking for some advice and some insight into how to do it properly.

Does anyone here run light line on their baitcasters and if so whats the lightest I can go without problems arising?

Any pointers would be great.

Cheers

Rob

you didnt have enough tension on your filler spool when you were loading the reel. in other words your line wasnt spooled on properly.

I fish 2lb braid on my daiwa pixy and 4lb on my ambassadeur 1500c for bassing with no issues at all. 8lb should be a piece of cake to cast.

remove all the line on your bc, put it back on a filler spool. then get someone to clamp down hard on the spool while you reel the line in. the tension should be so tight that the line is just barely not coming in with the drag at full setting. hopefully this makes sense.

Archived