clear coat has water under it . Easy fix ?

billythakid

i have left the car out last night and a chip has let water get inbetween the color and clear coat :angry:

I have pushed the water out and whacked a bit of the missus's clear nail polish on to "seal" it up again

Should i pick off the clear that has lifted and spray it with a touch up clear or will the whole spolier need a re paint

It is a dark green with gold highlights so any dodgy repairs will show up im guessing .

I actually thought of picking the lifted clear off and painting it with the missus nail polish but it may yellow in the sun

Any ideas ??? the spot in the middle is the nail polish quik fix :unsure:

maybe madmullet can chime in as he is the resident spray guru

Cheers bill

post-2518-144598781544_thumb.jpg

post-2518-144598781552_thumb.jpg

ok i might just nail polish it up till i can organise the panel shop to re spray the whole spoiler again . might stop it coming off more .

Hope the missus don't notice her clear top coat nail polish missing lol ;)

Dont nail polish it, will cause more trouble than it's worth and the painter will hate you !

ok i might just nail polish it up till i can organise the panel shop to re spray the whole spoiler again . might stop it coming off more .

Hope the missus don't notice her clear top coat nail polish missing lol ;)

Dont nail polish it, will cause more trouble than it's worth and the painter will hate you !

Might get a spraycan of clear coat and blow it into a glass jar , brush it in the gap and hope it stops the seperation till i can be assed taking it off and getting it re sprayed cant get any worse than it is im guessing

mate the only quick way to stop that going any urther is no wet and dry the area with water, finest sand paper... fetaher the clear coat, dont dreak though the colour and then get a can of clear and give it a light spay, dry, wet and dry again... spray repeat 3 times. by the 4 time, if you have done it rite. once the last coat goes down, let dry and then wet and dry it once more, lightly to remove any overspray then you cut and polish it, it should be all fixed for a good period of time.

now another pointer, dont just do the small araa, do a good area around it aswell so it will blend.

do not put nail clear coat on it....

also, you will need wax and grease remover to wise spoler down between each coat after wet and drying it.

a bit averwelming perhaps :blink::blink:

any more q's, just ask

Archived