Offshore finally with young gun

tugger

Headed offshore sunday with Brock and Lindsay set off from the ramp and ran in to showers across the bay but by the time we got to the bar it had all finished. The crossing was easy we got outside and may our way to the spot where the fishing produced lots of small snapper.

Brock was first on the board with a spangeled emperor going 60cm then Lindsay followed with a 40cm snap things were a bit slow on anchor so we started to drift over some bommies. This had us hooking up to some unstopables and the odd small snapper for the box as well as a parrot.

Another good fish hit Brocks line giving him a work out running plenty of times till he brought it to the boat.

post-4390-14459878237_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598782378_thumb.jpg

The weather just got better by lunch time and after calling stumps outside we headed back across a flat bar and spent a couple of hours fishing for flathead in horseshoe bay at peel island for the pirtek challenge entries.

It was good to get offshore again even if the fishing was slow Brock ended up with the 2 biggest fish for the day outfishing the old boys

post-4390-144598782384_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598782389_thumb.jpg

Looks like you guys had a good session mark.

I was going to call you saturday night to see if you going offshore but i thought youd be fishing tingalpa creek for whiting and flathead.

It was so quite for us yesterday.I think the easterlies put the fish off. Ended up with 1 big schoolie n 2 mac tuna n a few snaps from mud. Got drenched in the rain too.

You heading out to palmy soon lol.

Shane

We had fine weather all day outside

We saw you guys coming home past peel. That was a long day for you guys. The weather was terrible. Would have been out there myself but had issues with the hydraulic steering. A Couple of cracker spanglies there Brock.

Archived