caloundra fishing spots

squeak6969

hey guys im heading up to caloundra for work for the next 4 weeks and i really dnt know anything about the area, im staying at kings beach so can anyone tell me where i can go fishing around that area? ill only be taking a very basic setup a 6'6 rod with 6lb braid and 10llb fluro leader and some lures so depending on what il catch up there will tell me what lures to bring

Mate come down to golden beach on an incoming tide walking the drop off with small hard bodies like jackall chubbies, atomic cranks or soft plastics such gulp 2 inch shrimps or atomic prongs chasing bream with a 4-6lb leader, of once the tide is up and starts to flow out again keep your ten pound leader amd use soft plastics like gulp jerk shads for flathead as there is always plenty there for a feed .

Cheers

You could try the canal entrance near the boat ramp next to the caloundra power boat club. I have caught flathead there, but others I have spoken to catch some good size fish. Last time I fished there got busted off by something big, possibly a ray. You could also try Military jetty, just around the corner, just go over the bridge & turn left at the roundabout, spot fishes well.

God luck

Hey mate

here are some landbased options

If you head to bells creek which joins on to the passage just a couple kms south of golden beach.

Walk the sand bank on the northen side which stretches around the corner, you can catch whiting there.

Of the small jetties along golden beach you can catch bream, flatties and other random species

The boardwalk along the restaurants in caloundra, you can catch trevally, queenies, bream, flatties

it does get fished hard but with trevally and queenies etc.. it's kinda luck of the draw, sometimes they are everywhere along the boardwalk other days nothing!!!

Also there are alot of canals in the area and surrounding suburbs that a worth a look, you'd be surprised what you can catch

Archived