Bundaberg This Weekend - Advice?

Manni79

Hey All

I'm heading up to Bundy Friday night and will be there for the weekend. I will have access to a boat for a short peroid but not sure if we can get much fishing done during that time!!!

Any one have any landbased suggestions on where to fish ? was thinking maybe the mouth of the Kolan River or even what looks to be some flats south of Moore Beach or even around Burnett Heads or Elliott Heads?

Any sugegstions would be great - if anyone on AFO lives that way and wants to go for a fish let me know

The weather is looking pretty sweeeeet !!!

Hey Manni

If you can call in to The Bolt Place on princess st Bundy and Talk to Phil my brother he lives at Burnett Heads and loves fishing the river and outside he'll be happy to share some spots

Thanks Malcolm is he there on weekends? might try and pop in if i can !

I figured Saturday arvo and the first half of Sunday are my chances for a fish

Yeh mate Saturday until 12 noon I'll talk to him tonight and tell him you may drop in

Thanks I may be out on the water til then so may miss him but will try to get there if i can!!

Henry c'mon bro - I'll call you and you can tell me hahaha how am i gonna find those reports from years ago lol

Good luck for the weekend! Might even see you in the boat cruising around, depending on where you go exactly. (we will be near one of the spots you mentioned)

Judging by the forecast, it should be great weather for boating!

If you see a zodiac, tiagra 80s and a couple of oztrail gazebos on a beach, and aren't too busy hauling in fish, feel free to swing by and say g'day!

Just be careful of the shark lines - the baits could be anywhere up to 150-200m out from the beach :whistle: If you do happen to see us and want to drop in, I'd be more than happy to guide you in through the lines though!

If you see a zodiac, tiagra 80s and a couple of gazebos on a beach, feel free to swing by and say g'day!

Just be careful of the shark lines - the baits could be anywhere up to 150-200m out from the beach :whistle:

If you do happen to see us and want to drop in, I'd be more than happy to guide you in through the lines though!

Cool, will keep an eye out - you going to be around Burnett Heads area?

hey manni, i fished up there a while ago, fished the inlet at bagara for giant herring and small jacks on surface!

if you plan to fish the rocky outcrop where henry fished be warned youll go through jig heads like theres no tomorrow, were talking razor sharp rocks and small cod that decide to hit just as your lifting it out the water !! = straight bust off hhaa

have fun mate

callum

hey manni, i fished up there a while ago, fished the inlet at bagara for giant herring and small jacks on surface!

if you plan to fish the rocky outcrop where henry fished be warned youll go through jig heads like theres no tomorrow, were talking razor sharp rocks and small cod that decide to hit just as your lifting it out the water !! = straight bust off hhaa

have fun mate

callum

Callum you are spot on there is heaps of Cod in those rocks and not just small ones but it's hard to get them out

Archived