Spinniker Marina Bribie island to Mud island, How long???

reelaxin

Any reason to leaving from Bribie? Pinkenba would be your best bet for mud, or Scarborough is about half way between the 2 if you live up that way. I know I would rather spend the extra time on the road than on the water, my car is much more comfortable if the wind gets up!

If the weather changes itl be a long run mate. That part of the bay gets pretty bad.

Ask regulated BJ he knows.

If you got a boat that big i dont know why you would go mud. Id be trying my luck at curtain. Im sure youl have more luck there and more variety of fish.

But if you really want to go mud id leave pinkanba or nudgee. Its a better run.

How long is a piece of string?

The biggest factor will be wind direction followed by wind speed.

Some scenarios to consider (based on your boat):

0 knots Glassed out you can go as fast as you like.

NW blowing up to 10knots you should be able to travel at around 50kph.

Cross wind up to 10 knots you will manage 25-40kph depending on windspeed and direction.

SE blowing at 10knots you won't be able to travel faster than 30kph without getting your fillings rattled out)

SE blowing at 10-15knots 25kph will be a struggle.

SE blowing at 20-25knots you will struggle to travel at 15kph and every few waves one will come over the bow.

Anything more you will be probably get swamped and become a new artificial reef.

Any reason to leaving from Bribie? Pinkenba would be your best bet for mud, or Scarborough is about half way between the 2 if you live up that way. I know I would rather spend the extra time on the road than on the water, my car is much more comfortable if the wind gets up!

Mate I live here on the canals at bribie, so its just handy saves pulling the trailer around.

How long is a piece of string?

The biggest factor will be wind direction followed by wind speed.

Some scenarios to consider (based on your boat):

0 knots Glassed out you can go as fast as you like.

NW blowing up to 10knots you should be able to travel at around 50kph.

Cross wind up to 10 knots you will manage 25-40kph depending on windspeed and direction.

SE blowing at 10knots you won't be able to travel faster than 30kph without getting your fillings rattled out)

SE blowing at 10-15knots 25kph will be a struggle.

SE blowing at 20-25knots you will struggle to travel at 15kph and every few waves one will come over the bow.

Anything more you will be probably get swamped and become a new artificial reef.

Ummm thanks for that Mate, I understand conditions play a factor, was taking pretty good conditions, but thanks for taking the time to reply, Cheers

If the weather changes itl be a long run mate. That part of the bay gets pretty bad.

Ask regulated BJ he knows.

If you got a boat that big i dont know why you would go mud. Id be trying my luck at curtain. Im sure youl have more luck there and more variety of fish.

But if you really want to go mud id leave pinkanba or nudgee. Its a better run.

Thanks Mate, yeah its just I have never fished there before, I always just head over the Curtin etc etc because it handy :) as i live at bribie on the canals and I guess you get spoilt not having to tow the thing around, but get stuck doin the same ol same ol :/

Archived