Cod lures and flies (handmade)

tomca

I don't have the patience, or desire, for that matter to make my own lures. I do however love to use handmade timber lures made by guys with a real passion for it.

I'm off chasing some cod in the range next week and contacted Bommie for a few lures. Like any craftsman he asked questions about preferences and what I wanted and did not disappoint. I've already got them wet and they have a good wide wobble that I hope the cod will find irresistable.

post-1039-144598785469_thumb.jpg

Next week I'll be sure to put up a report of what success I have with his proven lures as well as some prototypes.

I do have the patience to tie a few flies and knocked up a few in the 100mm range and need the 9wt line to throw them as the 5wt gets about 6 metres on a good cast with these bad boys :blush: Keen to tick cod off my fly list :woohoo: I also tied a heap of wind on leaders for the fly rod with about 40lb breaking strain. Hopefully enough muscle to keep the cod from going home.

post-1039-144598785489_thumb.jpg

I did also wrap one of my very buoyant Oar-gee lures in fur as a surface mouse. First test was scaring the be-jesus out of the Mrs with it

post-1039-144598785499_thumb.jpg

Fingers crossed the fella's I'm going with are left a chance to get a fish with all these secret weapons I'm taking :P

Some nice Lures there mate... If I may just point you to some awesome new plastics. Check out the new range of Australian Made Soft Plastics @ www.gobblers.com.au

Have you ask admin if your allowed to promote your own stuff. People usually give something to the community before they start advertising here.

The mirkin is some artificial fly fur that has a coat of waterproof glue on it then strapped with a bandage overnight. Then I unwrapped it and manicured the long bits to the shaggy length that gives the most life to it in the water.

I also made a walk the dog surface lure that is a bit more manicured with shorter mirkin:

post-1039-144598785737_thumb.jpg

And the infomercial guy: unless you got some 7"+ paddletails for Murray cod for me to try for free, not interested.

[attachment=49369]MarcwithCodonHardyHeadColour.jpg[/attachment]

Some nice Lures there mate... The Plastics work on cod also...

Just a heads up there going out bush to be used on murray cod lol

Hey Dassa, spammers are too busy to look at threads they are actually spamming

Thanks guy's for all your interest, here is a link to the AFO directory if you would like to have a look. We will add some more photo's of our range soon.

www.australianfishing.com.au/directory/tac...ccessories/d-s-lures

Also I should mention these lures are a two person concern with Al (big al) doing the wood shaping, bibs and the wire work,

Thanks,

Matt.

Archived