bremer bass session

T Fisher

Finally got the chance last Sunday arvo to take the yak out to my local after a bit of time spent in drydock. I got down there about 1.30 to see the water level was fairly low and very clear. Headed to my usual area but nothing was happening so I headed a bit further downstream to try my luck. I came across a section where it was only about 1m deep and there was some large rocks on the bottom. I managed 3 small bass from that spot one after the other.

post-7578-144598786232_thumb.jpg

post-7578-144598786243_thumb.jpg

post-7578-144598786251_thumb.jpg

I hope that last one makes it as he was bleeding a bit. Headed further down into some deeper water but nothing was happening so I headed back upstream to my tried and tested area. Spent a bit more time throwing everything at them with nothing then I got smashed by this fella going just over 40cm.

post-7578-144598786259_thumb.jpg

post-7578-144598786266_thumb.jpg

I then decide to try to troll through the area and had a good hit and fight but it ended up being a big catty. Just after that I saw someone on the bank trying their luck.

post-7578-144598786274_thumb.jpg

Anyone recognise him? I spent a bit of time chatting with him telling him which areas Usually produced the fish I said there was a tree down in the water that usuall held a good fish. We eventually headed towards it and on my first cast at it another solid 40cm grabbed hold.

post-7578-144598786279_thumb.jpg

I then said some times there is another one holding there and on the next cast got this little bloke.

post-7578-144598786287_thumb.jpg

I then headed a short distance up and got another around 40cm that put up a good fight.

post-7578-144598786294_thumb.jpg

The other fisherman also landed one from here. I got one more but couldn't get a pick as he was too eager to get back into the water he managed to slip the lip grips which I use mainly to avoid getting hooks stuck in my legs as the weight of them seems to subdue the fish.

It started to rain and I discovered my scupper bungs under the seating area work great at keeping the river out but are even better at keeping rain in hence I got a very soggy behind. When the rain eased I decide I had enough and headed back to get out.I had a bit of trouble exiting the yak as the water was lower than I have seen it and the usual tussocks of river bank grass I grab hold of were out of reach.And the only one near me became dilodged as I pulled my weight on it. The edge there is a sandstone edge that goes down fairly steeply.I put my leg over and found a foot hole just above knee deep. It must have looked amusing to the other bloke as I struggled to get out. He asked did I need a hand but I said no I'll be fine. I should have taken his help although I didn't go in I was exhausted when I finally got clear of the water. Didn't realise how much 4 hours sitting down paddling around then getting wet can make you stiffen up. All in all I had a great afternoon Fishing and was good to catch up with a fellow AFO member while there aswell.

Ps to the bank dweller we will have to catch up for a yak session soon.

nice going t fisher :cheer: in pic 3 i noticed a fyschee lure is that a coomera in green and yellow?

No Wes it is a maroon I used to use his lures when he was in Brassall but I had lost them all years ago spotted this one amongst the farther inlaws gear the other day and did a bit of a swap for it.

Yep it's me! :P Was a good little arvo flick, and It was good to see the little mini-x in action, seriously thinking of getting one for the skinny water work. I actually hit that spot for 3 casts the other arvo after work and pulled a 50 on 3rd cast. Good old Berkley frenzey cheapy did the damage. B)

541964_3234288573554_1156886868_32567765_1108464779_n.jpg

Yep it's me! :P Was a good little arvo flick, and It was good to see the little mini-x in action, seriously thinking of getting one for the skinny water work. I actually hit that spot for 3 casts the other arvo after work and pulled a 50 on 3rd cast. Good old Berkley frenzey cheapy did the damage. B)

541964_3234288573554_1156886868_32567765_1108464779_n.jpg

nice fish Dan that is probably the biggest from that spot I have seen I got a 47 back around the corner a while back. As for the miniX it is the best piece of fishing gear I have ever bought. If you buy one you won't be dissapointed.

Nice one T, good to see you're getting stuck in to a few. I'll have to get up there again soon.

That would be great Bill. I found some rapids you might like down stream the other day they should be manageable now the water is down a bit but I wouldn't wear thongs though.

Archived