Newbie, Brisbane

drewk

Hi, just moved to Brisbane from Sydney. No more harbour fishing in the yak, now land based (until I work out where to take the kayak) and enjoying trying new spots.

Been over to Breaky Creek, met some good-sort locals, and Threadfun Salmon, and shedloads of *#$#@) catfish. Hoping to get to Brett's Wharf soon.

In meantime, I'm off to Manly/Wynnum this Wednesday, then G Coast this weekend. Got a feed off Dart at Broadmouth couple of weekends back. First catch/kill/eat I've done. Fantastic!!

Need to get myself a castnet, as the old-faithful pumpkin SP's aren't cutting it up here!! Wondering if the Nylon 6', 3/4" ones at BCF are worth starting with, or if I should head straight for larger size?? All advice welcomed, thanks!

Best

Drew

post-10822-144598786629_thumb.jpg

Cheers Ted, as you might have spotted in the photo, it wasn't a textbook catch - hooked the poor fella through the chest! :huh: !

Thanks for the invite; if the socials are every Sunday, I'll try for another time: down at G Coast on Sunday, trying out Jabiru Island.

welcome to the site mate. although im not in to fishing out of tupperware myself i think you'll find this community has a strong following of kayak fishermen and im sure you''l get plenty of info about where to take your yak for some good sessions and even tag along with them.good luck!

cheers Sef

ps in my opinon if u want XL thready head to the river mouth plenty of good spots around there for monster threadfin

welcome to afo mate im sure you'll really enjoy it. i will be fishing bream social this weekend but go out yak fishing every chance i get mostly weekends some mid week if your keen drop me a pm or post. tend to fish tinnie ck, raby bay canals or brissie but venture further afeild from time to time hervey bay qld or coraki/yamba area nsw. your most welcome to come along. all the best ezy

Archived