Deadsticking

youngy

Hi guys, all my mates know of my dislike of plastics, i will tie on every other lure in my possession before i use them.

Like everyone else i have a million of them, but they just don't thrill this old fella even though i have caught plenty of fish on them and i know how well they can work.

Well i have at least found a way to use them that i can enjoy and catch fish as well.

Deadsticking - everyone probably has their own opinion of what this is but for me it is simply putting a lightly weighted soft plastic on throwing it out the back of the boat while drifting and put it in a rod holder while i use another lure that i enjoy using.

This has been working a treat lately, Snapper love this do nothing technique and todays Trev put on a good display.

I use the Areal rod i won at SOO with 3lb fireline and 6lb leader on a 1000 size reel, so much fun to use and would have to say surprisingly strong.

Photos speak louder than words so here's a couple of photos, cheers wayne

[attachment:1]P1090856.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment:2]P1090862.jpg[/attachment]

Deadsticking - everyone probably has their own opinion of what this is but for me it is simply putting a lightly weighted soft plastic on throwing it out the back of the boat while drifting and put it in a rod holder while i use another lure that i enjoy using.

thats called fishing to me ,bait or plastic works the same on the drift .

and leaves my hand free for other things .

thats called fishing to me ,bait or plastic works the same on the drift .

and leaves my hand free for other things .

Hey, keep it clean Davo - this is a family-friendly site ...........

I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and picked up my first ever jewie so will definitely be trying it again. Great trev there Youngy.

Sorry guys, bloody computer

Somehow I don't think it was the computer's fault the pics didn't show up, after all it is a Mac - so it must be operator error :lol:

Still getting plenty of variety there Wayne, now even with your lures. Next thing you will be flicking softies for Flathead instead of trolling!

Was a cracking day on the water today. Nice work mate.

Marty

Thanks guys.

Tugger, i wouldn't want to run into anything that would eat a 50cm Trev on 3lb braid, not going to end well for me.

Henry, i use that rod a lot more than i ever thought i would, have had some good moments with it.

Beckenry, i love my job to.

Marty, i was reliably informed that Mac's are idiot proof, something i have proved to be wrong on several occasions.

As for the softies for Flathead thing, i am still suffering fatigue from fishing with soft plastics in the Flathead Classic 5 years ago so i don't think so.

You're right was a great day on the water yesterday, hopefully going to be a better one today, i'm outa here, cheers wayne

You're the man Youngy :cheer: I spent all day Saturday and Sunday fishing the broady from the north arm of the coomera right through to the seaway chucking every concievable type and coloured lure/sp for just a few flatties......went out to the seaway and wavebreak again for 5 hours last night for not even a touch :(

I always love to see the fish in your reports mate but tbh sometimes I can barely bring myself to look :(

Archived