Bremer Surface bassin ,surprise 67cm

wesfish

ducked out tonight for a super quick surface assault on the bremer bass, first cast i managed a catty 55cm, second cast another catty around the same size. i had a heap of big strikes and hits and finally i hooked a very decent fish with a massive explosion on the surface, i was slow rolling a sub surface vefore the crunching hit zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz jump tail dance followed by zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz zzz zz zzzzz z a few minutes later on straight 10lb braid no leader i landed a great 67cm :woohoo:

good to see the bremer starting to fire right up again with quality fish , i will be trying to get a 50+ bass on surface from the bremer and will be happy if i get a by catch thready around 160cm :P :silly:

That's a fantastic fish out of the Bremer Wesfish, lived in that area most of my life but wasn't a fisherman then.

Has the Bremer cleaned up a lot in the last few years, cheers wayne

cheers wayne :) before the floods the river had a rating of F a recent test revealed its now has a rating of C which is a great improvement in my books :lol: it has about 30-40cm of visibility and alot of sandy gravel bottom instead of silt , all old rock bars are exposed from the old silt build up.

Archived