Saltist 6500H vs Saragosa 18000F

AngryAnus

Looking at getting a new reel to take off shore, bottom bashing, jigging, spinning lures etc. would like any thoughts or advice on what reel would suit. I really don't want an overhead as the balance feels all wrong and even though I am right handed I have my reels set up as a lefty. At the moment it's a toss up between the Daiwa Saltist 6500H and the Shimano Saragosa 18000f. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andy.

Hay mate

I just recently bought a saragosa 18000F and matched it to a shimano 200 jig spin and filled it with 80lb power pro. It feels the goods and looking forward to really testing it on something huge! But I can't give to much feedback as I haven't given it a good run yet.

Shaun

Hey mate, I own a saragosa 18000 and a saltist 5000, both are excellent reels with very few problems, If I was to go out and buy one or the other with having owned both id buy a saltist as it has a better line lay then the saragosa. Also the saragosa is a bit noisy after some heated jigging.

Hey mate, I have owned a Saltist for awhile now and it hasn't missed a beat. Strong and built to last with a smooth drag and chunky grip to hold onto. Best fish was a 30kg Spanish Mac which handled it brilliantly, have mounted it onto a live fibre 10-15kg spin and it is my go to allrounder weapon - you wont be sorry owning one.

tight lines

Kev

Archived