A sit down and a chat.

rayke1938

Yesterday arvo I was sitting down having lunch and frantically trying to think up an excust to avoid doing housework and out of the blue a savior appeared.

Text message from Tai asking if I want to have a fish at the pump station area behind Old Petrie Town.

Beauty !

Grabbed some shrimp out of the tank and loaded up the trolly and deck chair and off i go.

Set up camp on the weir.

Havent had a fish with Tai for at least 6 months due to the poor bugger working 7 days a week so we had a good chat for a pleasant relaxing few hours and back home with a donut but put off the housework till this morning.

Cheers

Ray

Probably 15 people fishing in the area and only saw one fish caught. Bloke fishing upstream of the jetty had something very large on for a while. Think it was a lungy but it bricked him in the snags.

Every one well behaved only one person had a bucket most lure fishing.

Couple of yakkers also.

We left at 5 maybe they came on the chew later.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks for your company Ray, it's was nice to catch up again, despite a donut. Surface action was a bit scarce and whatever that was those guys caught on the jetty was huge!! Can't be sure but it was definitely huge!

Peppered a sakana lure on both sides of the weir, from right up against the bank where the snags were to the middle section and still not a bump. Oh well, not all reports have to have fish caught.

I have an uneasy feeling that this place gets hammered at night by the WBB!

Nice to get out anyways.

Cheers

Archived