Springwood marine

haines490slc

Must say i have followed this for a few days now and i have stopped wasting my time, every time it seems to be at an end a few people stick the knife back in to flare it up again. Why people have to go around stirring other peoples pots confuses me, the people that had the original problems stopped posting around 10 pages ago can not understand why it has been left to go so long.

There was a major stuff up but from what i can understand through all the bull dung being spread around it was from all sides. I hae only ever been there once and i think there major problem is they are to busy, the place was packed and this was just an ordinary tuesday arvo. but it all sounds like the mess was fixed pretty quick once it was discovered so why carry on once again the keyboard warriors are out in force.

Well thats somewhere I wont get my engine serviced now, thanks for the heads up. as far as the keyboard warriors and the they were busy comment, being busy is not an excuse for being fraudulent and deceitful, the forum is here because we need to inform each other of anything to do with fishing and boating this type of occurences is of interest to us.... :dry:

so why carry on once again the keyboard warriors are out in force.

haha i like this bloke already, 7 post in and he already has worked out the champions on this site haha..

keyboard warriors ... i like it!

Pretty sure he's talking about Ausfish freedom.

But if you are on a forum, ANY forum, there's gonna be keyboard warriors. Its a given

Yes i was refering to the other forum, have nothing but respect for people here sofar, very helpful posts around on here. I can understand it needed to be put out there but once there was a reply and the two original posters were happy time to put it to bed i think, way to many big egos clashing on that forum.

Yes i was refering to the other forum, have nothing but respect for people here sofar, very helpful posts around on here.

stick around a while and see if you still think the same......especially school holiday times. (i see you wrote sofar..hahaha)

Reply from Srpingwood Marine owner for those who can't be bothered reading 25 pages of posts :-)

Guys this has got totally out of hand, i own Springwood Marine unfortunatley i have been away hence the late reply. let me tell you the facts, the engine that was sent to the boat builder was in fact fitted to a Kevlacat and had a slight noise, the fact that this was a twin rig accentauted it when the other engine was so quite however we had it checked by Suzuki and it checked out ok, it was a liitle tight, but in the interest of customer satisfaction we swapped it. We then sold this engine as a demo engine at a reduced price to a client up North and when the truck arrived to pick it up our parts people loaded up the wrong engine, they sent him the new one, they then sent the Demo engine to the boat builder by mistake, when we were alerted we very quickly ordered a new engine and dispatched it. There was no way that we would try and do something shonky, blind freedy can see that this engine had been fitted to another boat and wouldnt try to insult someones intelligence in convincing them it was new!!!! its a shame the boat didny come down here for fitup as it would have been picked up staright away and can assure you it would not have been fitted to this boat. The end result for us is that the customer up North has a brand new engine, i now have the demo engine back in stock, we have a customer who thinks that we have tried to decieve him and the kevlacat owner who we did do the right thing by also trying to wind people up. I can only apologise for the mistake and a genuine mistake it was and i am sorry that this has inconvenienced people. Its such a shame that some Ausfish members love this sort of stuff and its unfortunate that these same people are not quick to praise us when we do something good. Its a shame that the customer that now has a new engine by default is'nt an Ausfish Member because im sure he would have a different view.

Again i apologise any inconvenience and can assure you that we did not try to do the wrong thing. I would welcome a call from any member if they want to discuss this.

Rosco's Rebuttal :-)

yep same vin number as my paperwork.....in regards to springwood marines post i didn't wind any1 up and will be personally speaking to gary in regards to this matter and also bringing up a issue i have with them which still isnt fixed after the fit up of the motors...they have had 3 goes at it so far and it keeps resurfacing ...and the part of the changed my motor in good faith or whatever he said is a load of cr4p...rafe from springwood marine didn't want to take my boat back to the workshop after the watertest when i didnt except the outboard..it was only when i wouldn't sign the dealer delivery paperwork that it went back on the trailer and back to sprinwood marine i notified the finance company that arvo that the motor failed my water test.i rang the finance company the next day and said the finance would be canceled if a new motor wasnt fitted....will be ringing you on thursday gary to discuss the problem i raised with you and rafe 1 week after the fit up of the outboards...

cheers rosco

p.s i will not go into detail about my issue with springwood marine...will give them 1 last chance to fix it

springwood Marine - Feisty response!

Some of you seem to enjoy this, the accusation has been made that you have paper work with a serial number, show me or I will prove you to be a liar however never let the truth get in the way of a good story. And Rossco, I look forward to you calling me. Well done mate, you obviously are missing something in your life, look forward to catching up. It's about time you guys had a good look at yourselves, what I do know is that intelligent people make their own decisions and are not influenced by slander!

Entertaining reading this.......Shows up as 4th hit in Google when searching "Springwood Marine" Buyer beware springwood marine

Springwood Marine again

Guys, please, it was an honest mistake, as one earlier thread has said, if we were trying to deceive or do something illegal we would have done it a lot smarter, it was sent on an open cradle with sika all over the mounts. Two mistakes were made, the first being that our people sent 2 engines to the wrong customers and the second mistake was not fixing it immediately, not a good excuse but I was away and our staff I think went in to panic mode and were not sure how to handle it. That's a problem I now need to fix internally and the buck stops with me and I except that.

We employ over 20 people and at times mistakes happen and most people except that however its how quickly we rectify the problem is how we are judged and that's fair. To suggest that we are shonky or we have tried to defraud someone is ludicrous, our reputation is of upmost importance to me and to my family who all work in the business. I can only apologize once again and hope that this gets put to bed once and for all. As a footnote, some of the threads here have been posted by opposition dealers who should have a good look at their own businesses.

I do note that Rosco failed to produce the paper work with serial numbers.

Springwood have been in business for a long time so they must be doing something right to have survived that long.

There are some members on that other forum who delight in sinking in the boot.

I do not know if they work for opposition companies or just get their jollies from trying to destroy someones business.

If I am unhappy with a product or how I have been treated by a business I always make a practice of contacting them in writing ( Email) and only if I am unsatisfied with their response will I then post all the details on a public forum.

In most cases an honest mistake has been made or a staff member needs further training and the issue is resolved.

I note that the other forum does not have a thanks and congratulations section. Probably because that none of them would ever use it.

Cheers

Ray

The post that says spring wood marines feisty response... That cannot really be how they responded is it???? Telling the forum they are going to prove their customer a liar and missing something in their life.... What ever happened to business principle 101 the customer is always right!!! Haha I think the moral high ground would have been a better approach... We are sorry no excuse we will endeviur to do whatever we can to fix the problem ... Just my 1c worth

• 1 month later...

ok i am the rosco in this whole saga and have just found the thread on this site..i have just read it here and must say for those who have read the whole post on ausfish my part in this was somewhat detailed in the motor in questioned was actually a motor i rejected ...as for the paperwork what ray was talking about i have it here in a folder as stated in the thread as the numbers do match and any of you are more than welcome to see it..if you read the whole post gary from springwoodmarine said i had the paperwork..the reason i didn't publically show these where because all the paperwork i had had all the vin numbers boat numbers and who would want to put there personal details up on the net for every1 to see..if things went further they would of been given to the wright people ad am sure it would of gone alot further than it did

Archived