Somerset thieves, but great skiing

Aggro101

Hi All

We go skiing and wakeboarding at Somerset quite a bit. We have some awesome family days out there. For day trips, we usually set up a gazebo and chairs near the ramp so we can come back in for lunch. Last time we went out though, we had just bought new ones and when we got back to the ramp, our new gazebo and chairs had all been stolen! $450 worth of gear gone before we even had the chance to use them. They atleast folded our towels up and put them neatly on the ground before stealing the rest of our stuff though. Wasn't that nice of them?

We have never had any problems in the 10 years we have been going there, so I was gob-smacked to say the least. Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know to keep an eye on your gear because even at family places, opportunist low lives are still around.

Chris.

Grubs everywhere these days.

Don't take this the wrong way but your tale is the same as blokes complaining about having their crab pots stolen. Leave your sh!t unattended out in public and some low life will take it. When I put my redclaw pots out I fish within sight of them and never had a pot raided or stolen yet.

Lesson learned, keep in proximity or lose stuff.

Grubs everywhere these days.

Don't take this the wrong way but your tale is the same as blokes complaining about having their crab pots stolen. Leave your sh!t unattended out in public and some low life will take it. When I put my redclaw pots out I fish within sight of them and never had a pot raided or stolen yet.

Lesson learned, keep in proximity or lose stuff.

That was exactly my point tomca, even in a locked gate camping area you need to keep an eye on your gear. Although I can't see anyone packing up their entire campsite or padlocking their tent to the car before heading out on the water, LOL.

Chris,

I've got a couple of cheap camp chairs and a couple of lounge chairs you can have as replacements. They are all used and I had planned on putting them up as "donate to AFO" items, but I think the community would understand if I hook you up with them.

Cheers,

Gary

Chris,

I've got a couple of cheap camp chairs and a couple of lounge chairs you can have as replacements. They are all used and I had planned on putting them up as "donate to AFO" items, but I think the community would understand if I hook you up with them.

Cheers,

Gary

good on ya gary!

Chris,

Cheers,

Gary

That's very generous of you Gary, thank you so much for the offer. I'll make a donation to AFO on your behalf.

Chris.

Archived