High up in the rivers bass

sari96

Do you recon bass would be high up in mostly the Logan river, especially the little creeks that start the river um like around Mt Tamborine, because I'm thinking of tacking a rod and some lures to the motorbike ride this week end where there are some little creeks on the property.

Hey mate, I have fished those rivers all the way up to Mt Tamborine and I have caught a few bass but only from my kayak. It gets really rough and takes a good 2-3hrs to get up there due to the rapids and stuff. But I have seen alot of carp getting up there.

Hope the helps mate

Matt

Hey mate, I have fished those rivers all the way up to Mt Tamborine and I have caught a few bass but only from my kayak. It gets really rough and takes a good 2-3hrs to get up there due to the rapids and stuff. But I have seen alot of carp getting up there.

Hope the helps mate

Matt

Yes thanks Mate, gave me abit more condifidence, do you recon any Ep's get around up there

Do you recon bass would be high up in mostly the Logan river, especially the little creeks that start the river um like around Mt Tamborine, because I'm thinking of tacking a rod and some lures to the motorbike ride this week end where there are some little creeks on the property.

i do hear of the odd one being caught as viper said its tough to get there landbased i THINK? but they are around

This is a general warning.

There are a few members on the site who are becoming a nuisance by constantly writing posts which need moderation, are making personal remarks that are not in the spirit of the site and quite frankly irritating us.

If you write a forum message that needs moderation be warned you may face immediate removal from the site. We have a zero tolerance rule and it may soon be actioned on several members. Think about what you are writing, be selective of what you write. If you think it will offend do not write it. If you want to converse with someone on a personal level PM them and not bring the public forum down.

You have been warned.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/88-news/411679-general-warning#411679

Catch ya!

Maybe, just ask the question you want an answer to!

Post, about the fish you have caught!

Comment, on other posts.."respectfully"

And leave the other comments to yourself!

That's all you have to do, and if you had done it from day dot we would not be having any of this.

Sari, try having a bit of respect for the site mate. Take a look from a fellow members perspective for once. You gotta be willing to cop some flack for some of the things you've posted. You've also had some decent advice might I add! Take a concrete pill and harden up buddy.

Figured I'd add my 2 cents worth no one would have had a problem with you asking questions you are young and you learn alot by asking questions but constant questions about the same topic and not taking anyone's advice is going to stop people giving advice. I have also personally never seen you comment on anyone else's topics or reports and try and become apart of this wonderful community. Take jgarner for example he wanted help catching a bream he got offered alot of advice and tool it on board kept trying and trying and eventually reaped the rewards. I doubt you will take this advice on board but treat people with respect and respect will be given.

Figured I'd add my 2 cents worth no one would have had a problem with you asking questions you are young and you learn alot by asking questions but constant questions about the same topic and not taking anyone's advice is going to stop people giving advice. I have also personally never seen you comment on anyone else's topics or reports and try and become apart of this wonderful community. Take jgarner for example he wanted help catching a bream he got offered alot of advice and tool it on board kept trying and trying and eventually reaped the rewards. I doubt you will take this advice on board but treat people with respect and respect will be given.

I know what you mean mate thanks, um I just came on to this website and loved it for a few months but then comments on my threads just started ticking me off but I'm not going to go into detail. The whole thing about advice and taking advice on board ect. It just shows I'm unexpirienced with forum websites and how they work so that's what has lead me to hear . So yar

I know what you mean mate thanks, um I just came on to this website and loved it for a few months but then comments on my threads just started ticking me off but I'm not going to go into detail. The whole thing about advice and taking advice on board ect. It just shows I'm unexpirienced with forum websites and how they work so that's what has lead me to hear . So yar

well the only way from here is up!

In terms of bass. If your not having much luck on lures try some bait. You can buy live worms from some tackle shops (only one I know is at carseldine) or even try and catch some live shrimp... Try as many techniques as possible and eventually one will work for you. Took me 5+ sessions before I caught a bass for the first time.

Sari, if you are really keen on catchin a bass, i would suggest sending a pm to Surfingant. He's a very experienced bass fisherman. Im sure he will be very willing to show you a thing or 2. :whistle:

mate if you are really keen on getting your first bass, do some research. You have an ipad, you should know how to download and use google earth. Zoom in a few places, and see where the waterways run to, check to see if it is easily accessible, then go from there.

I will give you a starting point. Clear island waters. There you have it. google earth it. Go catch a bass and stick up a report and just see if everyone congrats you! Prove it to the whole community that you're not blonde like paris hilton (yes she also made some vids of her own).

Use live bait (as i think if you try lures it may lead you to ask more funny questions), get some garden worms or worms from bunnings if you couldnt be stuffed diggin. Use very light gear, say upto 8lb line. Doesnt matter braid or not. Use very small sinkers and wide gap hooks. Say size 4 or so should be fine.

There is a small chance that you will get bass on dead prawns BUT make sure of the following:

** Do not use prawns from overseas!!!

** Do not even think about using a castnet in freshwater!, coz you will pay the price for it. TRUST ME and the WHOLE COMMUNITY.

If you really want live fresh water prawns, try going to your local aquarium shop. they might sell you some.

Now mate, these tips should be more than enough to get you goin on your first bass.

Remember, if you keep, bag limit is 2 per person. There is also a size limit. I wont tell you cause i want you to do your own research. If you catch a small bass and put it in the bucket like you did to that bream ( you state it was released after the video recording... Do you think that would hold up in court?), you will be in big trouble by the fisheries.

Happy fishing

Thread has been considerably cleaned up. Obviously not happy that is has taken over an hour to moderate this.

Please note:

@sari96 - in future please keep comments strictly about fishing and boating. We highly recommend that if your message isn't regarding fishing or boating then don't type it. You are on notice and may be banned/removed from this site without further notice. Your comments are generally quite flippant, which can be quite offensive or disrespecting at times to members.

@surfingant - You have contributed to this issue, which has resulted in us spending considerable time moderating this thread which we are not happy about. Please as well only talk about fishing and boating.

Everyone, please no more personal remarks, this site is not a lynching platform and these responses are not becoming of this community.

Archived