Using small hard bodies - Advice

Gcarj

Hi people,

I have decided to give these little guys ago. Never tried hard bodies before so any advice appreciated.

I have 2 atomic hardz To start me off. Im a little bit worried using 6lb flourocarbon leader because the lure aint exactly cheap.

Cheers

Glenn

Righto mate first thing is be patient, the longer the lure is in the water the better your chances are so keep casting. Don't be scared of the 6LB you will be surprised what you can retrieve on 6LB for example late last year I landed a 57cm flatty on 2LB fluro carbon. Best thing is to mix up your retrieves, I presume with atomic hardz you will target bream so slow/steady retrieve 5 or 6 winds then pause, twitch a little as you retrieve. Hope this is helpful.

Mate just cast it in close to the structure and reel it in with a slow retrieve to start. Depending on the depth of the lure you can then add pauses and twitches. You can troll them at low speed over rock bars or against rock walls.

Set your drag right and have a plan on how you are going to fight and retrieve your fish before you hook it. B)

Lures are designed to be lost!!! :pinch:

Lures are designed to be lost!!! :pinch:

I guess its something youve got to expect. I was thinking with the amount of damaged soft plastics i get per actual fish caught ........say 1 packet per fish? It may be fairly similar in price? I dont know but I guess theres only one way to find out and thats throw it in the water and see what happens

Archived