Live bait tanks

markcreter

how youse going im thinking about istalling a live bait tank in my 3.7m tinnie the type id like to run off a bilge system ive got a 15hp pull start motor i'd appreciate some ideas how i'd set up the bilge system and any pitfulls or wether i'm better off sticking to the esky and pencil battery airater i like to my catch alive as long as possible if i dont catch a decent feed i can throw them back

I'm in the same situation as you mate and I'm leaning towards just using an pesky. However I want to extend my casting deck up front which would allow me to install a fixed livewell.

Just from a convenience stand point go the pesky - not permanent so you can still move it around and take it out whenever you like.

how youse going im thinking about istalling a live bait tank in my 3.7m tinnie the type id like to run off a bilge system ive got a 15hp pull start motor i'd appreciate some ideas how i'd set up the bilge system and any pitfulls or wether i'm better off sticking to the esky and pencil battery airater i like to my catch alive as long as possible if i dont catch a decent feed i can throw them back

That is 1 very long sentence. What does youse mean?

i have been working this out for my tinny to. i have tried a bilge pump in a 20l buket. only problem is that the pump picks up evry thing out of the water, then slows down and stops pumping water in the end. i have tried filters that i have made from the girls stockings. shame it didnt work cause she was not happy. then i tried filters from the pet shop still with no luck. so the plan now is to pump fresh water in to the bottom of a 50l keg then have a drain hose at the top. when i stop i throw the pump over the side. i know not everyone has a keg kicking around bucket or drink cooler will do the same job.

Yeah the weed near moreton and amity block them up quick. What I do to combat it is this. I have a 90' pickup on it that has a 45' cut on the nozzle. When at speed it actually fills the keg without the pump running. If I start running into weed I slow, spin in the flow adjuster on the johnson live bait kit to stop all flow or spin the pickup 180' so its pointing straight up ie. cant pick up any water. I do have to look at a filter as its much easier but it still means continual cleaning of it.

Fish will survive for quite a while without the water flowing. If I throw an aerator in as well I don't think there will be any problems. If weed is around run the aerator, no weed run the pump.

BJ

This is a picture of my Tinnie. The measurements infront of the drivers bench are 1240 x 740 and infront of the middle bench is 1100 x 660, would wiring and inlet and outlet hoses be a drama? These measurements are where the gunnels are welded to the bottom of the boat

post-10878-144598791252_thumb.jpg

Archived