Advice on a Fishfinder for my Hobie

TheOutfitters

Hi

Am keen to fit a fish finder onto my Hobie Revo13. I have had a search back through the forums to see what has been recommended in the past and the Garmin Echo 300c seems to be fairly popular for its size and performance.

Would be keen to take advice from anyone else who has used them, especially the smaller models better suited to kayaks. In addition, are these a complicated thing to fit or fairly straight forward?

Thanks

Andrew

They're pretty easy to fit, you've got two options.

A through hull or a bracket mount.

It just comes down to personal preference.

When you're mounting it don't put your transducer anywhere near your battery.

On a trip a while ago, after going through some waves the battery came loose and knocked my transducer.

After that it never functioned properly again.

Hey mate

I've got an Echo 300c on my tarpon 100. They are a good unit for the price and the colour screen is a bonus. They are as easy as any sounder is to fit to a kayak. You just need a battery, and a method of fixing your transducer to the hull. I'm not too familiar with hobies, they may have specific scupper holes to put the tranducer through? If not, I would recommend a wet mount so you can remove the transducer if need be.

Hey mate

I've got an Echo 300c on my tarpon 100. They are a good unit for the price and the colour screen is a bonus. They are as easy as any sounder is to fit to a kayak. You just need a battery, and a method of fixing your transducer to the hull. I'm not too familiar with hobies, they may have specific scupper holes to put the tranducer through? If not, I would recommend a wet mount so you can remove the transducer if need be.

Hey sunnydays, are you using a wetmount. I have use sikaflex and silicone been having a heap of trouble.

Archived