opportunity of a life time

nook

my cuz has just come over from n.z and has bought a 75ft newwestcoaster long liner and he offered for me to jump on and steam from tweed heads to greymouth new zealand i first offered it to madmullet kurt but due to work he could not get the time off so rob green machine happily took the deckie spot so in 2-3weeks time we will be steaming on a 6-7day trip to new zealand this will be a once in a life time opportunity and both me and rob are amped to go cant wait

cheers nick

post-9867-144598790611_thumb.jpg

post-9867-14459879062_thumb.jpg

post-9867-144598790624_thumb.jpg

post-9867-144598790629_thumb.jpg

I hope he uses those hooks that stops birds from being caught. http://www.oceansmart.com.au/1150/oceansmart-tuna-hook.aspx

the trips iv done on the long liners we have never winched up a bird before probably due to the fact we snoo our lines 7-10m deep then the droper

good to hear mate, sounds like it will be fun, will you be fishing on the way over there or just driving the boat?

I hope he uses those hooks that stops birds from being caught. http://www.oceansmart.com.au/1150/oceansmart-tuna-hook.aspx

the trips iv done on the long liners we have never winched up a bird before probably due to the fact we snoo our lines 7-10m deep then the droper

good to hear mate, sounds like it will be fun, will you be fishing on the way over there or just driving the boat?

no fishing just driving over to get a power unit refit then it will be based in greymouth for the rest of its life

no fishing just driving over to get a power unit refit then it will be based in greymouth for the rest of its life

Go on Nick, tell em what speed we are going at :P

my cuz has just come over from n.z and has bought a 75ft newwestcoaster long liner and he offered for me to jump on and steam from tweed heads to greymouth new zealand i first offered it to madmullet kurt but due to work he could not get the time off so rob green machine happily took the deckie spot so in 2-3weeks time we will be steaming on a 6-7day trip to new zealand this will be a once in a life time opportunity and both me and rob are amped to go cant wait

cheers nick

[attachment=49842]strikeforce1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=49843]strikeforce2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=49844]strikeforce3.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=49845]strikeforce.jpg[/attachment]

hey mate if ur after any other work on them boats i can get you work on them any day of the week,some are just either bay greasys or spanner boats off fraser,some are 14 day round trips,and also leave from the gold coast,a few mates of mine hold commercial fishing licenses and run these regularly between here and nz

we wont be setting the long line but we will be doing 7-8knots so we will be trolling with the 80w all the way over :woohoo: and battlescar cheers mate but im all set he has 2 liners atm and i can jump on when ever i want

we wont be setting the long line but we will be doing 7-8knots so we will be trolling with the 80w all the way over :woohoo: and battlescar cheers mate but im all set he has 2 liners atm and i can jump on when ever i want

send out the skirts mate and come back with a 6ft yella fin!!

Usually rough going across the Tasman :sick: , but at least you are doing a good trolling speed so hopefully you'll be getting plenty of hits to keep your mind off seasickness :woohoo:

the max the strike force does is 12knots at 1800rpm and with the motor having 72,000hrs loged it is geting on but he has just got the volvo 6cyl topend done just for the trip to n.z otherwise it probably wouldnt of made it

Archived