AFO Moreton Bay Tuna Social 27th May 2012

PlasticFantastic

post-5191-144598790706_thumb.jpg

After a good showing and result for the first Bfo social event for the year at Redcliffe I thought i'd better get my act into gear and put up some details for the Tuna Social. The aim of this social will be to try and get some people who haven't chased or had much luck with Tuna in the bay onto a fish or two and if someone catches their first one during this social than it's a success. The target will be Tuna of any variety in the bay which is only really three fish that being Long Tails, Mac Tuna and Bonito and the fish will be measured to the inside of the fork.

Where: The comp will be anywhere in Moreton Bay from the southern bay islands through to the front of Bribie, offshore is excluded for this social.

Meeting Spot: Shore street East at Cleveland below the Grand View Hotel, meet there then launch at Raby Bay vmr.

Time: 6.00am meetup and back at 2.00pm at the same spot this should allow plenty of time to find some fish.

Tackle: Bait and lures whatever takes your fancy.

Who can enter: Anyone, the more boats the more deckie spots available.

Food: Lunch at the Grand View Hotel afterwards for who ever is keen.

Entry Fee/Prize: Still thinking about that one but most likely very similar to the Bream Social so as to keeps things familiar through different socials.

That's about it for now hopefully the weather plays ball for this one and everyone can get onto some fish on the day, i'll start a separate thread in regards to who will have a boat going and deckie spots available.

Cheers

Mark

post-5191-144598790696_thumb.jpg

Meeting Spot

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm, considering missing the kft for this ;) might have to see what decky spots come up.

No your getting choosy with deckie spots :dry: you had one but lost it lol

haha no not getting choosy Manni :P still just don't know what I want to fish. Bream social was great fun so thinking about coming along to tuna now, caloundra is a long way to go when I am still unsure of my transport situation. Am still leaning a little towards towards kft though.

Hmmm, considering missing the kft for this ;) might have to see what decky spots come up.

haha no not getting choosy Manni :P still just don't know what I want to fish. Bream social was great fun so thinking about coming along to tuna now, caloundra is a long way to go when I am still unsure of my transport situation. Am still leaning a little towards towards kft though.

Bugger the KFT come chase Tuna

I can't for this one too,,,shall be a fun day.

Can I make a suggestion though,how about looking at meeting at the ramp as there is plenty of room there.

That way we can be getting the boats ready to launch at the same time.

Thought it would be easier to meet before the ramp as being a Sunday it gets pretty busy there and don't want to be clogging up the system as we sort ourselves the meeting spot is only two minutes from the ramp either way

Cheers

Mark

Would someone be kind enough to put up a google map with a couple of areas that may be reachable in a small tinny that I might pick up some variety of tuna? I'd be keen to give it a crack depending on weather but I have zero clue on where I could possibly head to from the ramp. Usually I would offer a decky spot but My tinnie only has an 18hp and if it gets choppy I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone else's safety. It gets bad enough in the broadwater (v-nose punt )

post-7418-144598791226_thumb.jpg

Would someone be kind enough to put up a google map with a couple of areas that may be reachable in a small tinny that I might pick up some variety of tuna? I'd be keen to give it a crack depending on weather but I have zero clue on where I could possibly head to from the ramp. Usually I would offer a decky spot but My tinnie only has an 18hp and if it gets choppy I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone else's safety. It gets bad enough in the broadwater (v-nose punt )

I have seen tuna all around peel and up the Rainbow channel. The image shows in read where you may find them. It all depends on the day with Bay Tuna. Put up a pivk of the boat so we have a better idea of what will be accessible.

Just surf :P

Cool, I'll be there unless it's blowing it's head off......like I said I'm game to go out by myself but it's underpowered with two or more people in roughish conditions to be safe imo.

mate i'll be giving them a crack this weekend (monday, possibly sunday) around the same areas ted outlined on the map. bit of a swell (2m) but wind is down so surface chop should be okay if you're interested in tagging along. you should be fine in that rig, plenty of areas to get out of the wind.

PLenty of places to chase them close to peel when the wind is from the south. crossing the channel to peel is the choppy part then its not too bad.

Where are you getting your 2metre swell reading from Eug? ive never seen it that bad in the southern bay

PLenty of places to chase them close to peel when the wind is from the south. crossing the channel to peel is the choppy part then its not too bad.

Where are you getting your 2metre swell reading from Eug? ive never seen it that bad in the southern bay

Likewise I've never seen it that bad, but just taking seabreeze reading and amity forecast.

Likewise I've never seen it that bad, but just taking seabreeze reading and amity forecast.

Don't think it will be that bad especially with low wind and being an easterly - conditions in the bay should be great

Archived