Strange image on google maps

Aggro101

Hi all

Out of interests sake copy and paste these co-ordinates in to google maps for a point off Redcliffe and zoom right in. I wonder what the strange colours are caused by.

-27° 15' 40.44", +153° 11' 39.70"

Just a bit odd, so thought I would share.

Chris.

Just a guess and I think there are people that can probably explain I am wrong, but is it possible the sensors required to take an image (red, green, blue) in this case didn't fire simultaneously and instead fired in the sequence blue, red green. if the plane was stationary this wouldn't be a problem as they would just overlay and create a normal pic. but the plane was moving so you have a animation like appearance.

The google maps imaages are stitches of multiple shots. so maybe the 'normal plane' was shot with correct timing of sensors and the 'funny looking plane' is a shot with bad timing then they both got tiled diagonally from each other.

Just a guess. I am not a camera pro. But i would be keen for a good explanation as I can't think of any other reason for the moment.

Google maps use a camera that takes 5 images using different colour filters in quick succession thus creating the rainbow effect due to the plane's speed......probably. Or it's a plane that has been teleported into our dimension from a parallel gay dimension, this is the result from my own google search.....you decide :blink:

Well another possibility is it's actually light passing through very fine water droplets and creating a "rainbow" effect. If u look at the diection of the sun and how the shadows fall then it would make sense.

I've seen 360 degree rainbows around my plane while flying on multiple occassions and they do look pretty cool, and always happen with sun angled as seen on google earth. Usually I can see the plane shadow with a rainbow halo around it.

Plane looks like a 767.

Thats gold haha,

How with all the water space in the world did anyone spot that.

I was actually showing my son where some reefs are off Redcliffe and thought it was a boat, so I zoomed in out of curiosity to look for different shades in the water.

Archived