I am going to name boat "Sir Chundalot" 03-05-2012

crazywalrus

The weather was looking good for Thursday so a couple of quick calls and we where off at 2.30am to Bribie to hit up Shallow and Deep Tempest. We head across the bay in the dark and got a little wet from the slop that is the northern bay. It was no trouble around the cape and we where at Shallow Tempest. We had no love at shallow so we head out early to Deep. It was hard at first but we soon found the spot and bagged out on small snapper (38cm to 48cm). Dom got a horse Pearly and we ended up catching two others. We where plagued by XO amberjack smashing the snapper and pearlies when when caught them. There was no stopping these brutes on the 50lb braid. Some hookups I had pulled the hooks through the 80lb leader. Will be back with heavier rigs to tussle with these brutes. Dom(Dhess) did end up with one Amberjack nearly to the boat, a smaller model than the others, but was sharked 10m from the back of the boat. Ended up with only the head. A great day out with Dom and Stu (Bi-Polar) apart from Stu spending most of the day cuddling the Gunwale and unable to fish. See it happens to the best of us.

post-7418-14459879078_thumb.jpg

post-7418-14459879079_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598790799_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598790802_thumb.jpg

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVJ3zWHZIFQ

Poor Stu - I almost feel sorry to post this pick up :whistle: :evil:

post-7418-144598791205_thumb.jpg

Seems like the only time I don't get green around the gills is when I am on a boat. :lol: But I am a sympathy hurler, so unless the fish were biting Stu probably would have set me off and Ted would have put up a video along the lines of the "dueling pukers"

:)

Thanks Ted, i didn't even see you take that pic....lol

I haven't been sick in nearly 3o years but i have no doubt that getting up at 1.30am, not having breakfast and skulling a 750ml bottle of beer at 7.30am in the morning had something to do with that.

But appart from that it was a great day out and once again thanks Ted.

nice pearl there dom shame about the sharks will have to follow you out there one day ted never fished off the northern point of morten yet.

Yeah no problems Brad will let you know when I am heading out there again. I am going to head outside on Monday probably. Probably hit up the rock, pear lies and waver rider bouy

What a hell of a fun day.

Great to meet you Stu. You should be proud of that plumbers cleavage. :evil:

Fishing was pretty dismal at first and almost looked as we would be going home empty handed. Eventually when they came on the chew it was all good. We ended up releasing at least half a dozen legal snapper.

The AJ's were out in force but were too good for us. Judging from past tussles, all of the ones that smoked us were 20+ kg fish. Most o them were were nailing what felt like 40ish cm snapper just a we got them off the bottom. The one I nearly landed would have gone around 12-15kg. Plenty of grey suits around. I am doubtful we would have boated any of the bigger AJ's anyway. Them smoking us was probably for the better. Lost a few fish to sharks.

Thanks again for the deckie spot Ted.

Ted,

Nice work on the pearlie, those ajs would have been fun. Did any of you guys try higging the brutes or just hooking up on the snapper?

Was thinking of doing the same trip as you on monday, actually target some edable fish for once. You heading out early?

Andrew

Ted,

Nice work on the pearlie, those ajs would have been fun. Did any of you guys try higging the brutes or just hooking up on the snapper?

Was thinking of doing the same trip as you on monday, actually target some edable fish for once. You heading out early?

Andrew

i will probably launch about 5.30am. Still not sure on the swell at 2.4m and easterly.

Yah spoke with bill coreton today, he said amity channel is basically not passable at the moment, still thinking of having a crack or may head up to spinnacker as you did. Have not really fished up that way much but will have a look and try and find some of those brutes you got onto.

Andrew

Will put a post of the condition of either bar that I go through tomorrow night.

Archived