monday bassin

Davo_Dinkum

i have been working coalfalls so had a look at a park there had a canoe ramp on the Bremer .looked fishie so me and clint headed out this arvo for a fishing adventure in the canoe .nice and peaceful in the canoe /stealthily ,there was one other kayak there .fished from 2 pm to 5 pm with hits but no hook ups for me ,clint was getting hits and hooked up on 3 bass.seamed the bite only came on from 4 to 430.chubby deep divers did the damage,poppers and surface lures used too no hook ups but a few bumps.Clint lost more lures than me going hard and getting them right in under the snags and on the bank.mine was a more relaxed approach ,i wasn't casting in as close or as much .he would of casted 3 times more then me over the afternoon and it paid off for him .still a nice afternoon and good to be flicking lures again its been a long long time .anyway here is some pictures from the afternoon .

post-4394-144598792967_thumb.jpg

post-4394-144598792977_thumb.jpg

post-4394-144598792984_thumb.jpg

post-4394-144598792991_thumb.jpg

post-4394-144598792998_thumb.jpg

post-4394-144598793004_thumb.jpg

post-4394-14459879301_thumb.jpg

Nice spot down there Davo pity you didn't get any yourself but good to see your mate got a couple. I have been wanting to get my yak in there to have a go. That ramp is a bit easier to launch from than my spot a bit further upstream. I read a report on another site where a couple of blokes made there way up to my spot from where you launched but they had to go up a couple of sets of rapids.

yeah nice spot ,lots of bolders just under the surface .they seam to hold the fish ,we went to the rapids before the bridge but did not cross them .way to much effort for a lazy monday fish .will be hitting it up again so i can learn the spotand get on to some fish.

yeah i know ,i usually end up in the trees ,we where doing a lot of side casting which is new for me ,but saved us from a lot of trees .i'm more used to being on a bank and doing a overhead cast.clint is also a bit younger and lighter so he stands in the canoe .2 people standing = roll over i reckon and i only stand when getting in and out .still now i have the feel for flicking lures back i think next trip will pay off for me .

Archived