Gready dogs or pro's

mattybb

Went for a squid last night in my local area and there was a group of about 8 guys squiding with cast nets.

They all had raidio's and they took the lot, or anything that could be seen in netting distance.

They did the wynnum creek rock wall,the t jetty and then set up camp at the manly marina and they wern't shy about netting right next to us.

Just want to no if they are pro's or just gready or if it's even legal.

A group like that with radio's are out to take as much as they can and usually for the black market trade.

They would have had lookouts on all the access points to keep an eye out for inspectors or any police approaching.

These types of groups are well organized and very smart operators.

being a regular down there chasing squid there is userly around 10 - 15 squid in view under the lights or buy torch along these walls and on that night there was 3 spotted in all of the area's put together.

and buy the type of cars they were driving it didn't look like the needed the money.

They are a known group in that area. They prowl all the forums and as soon as they hear the squid are on they are down about every night.

Plenty of people have had run ins with them, with the odd knife being pulled at times from the stories the locals have.

Not a group to mess with if you are there by yourself in the dark.

I have now found other places to squid to keep away from these idiots during the winter.

this is when you need a few old or very cheap squid jigs and just as they cast, chuck a few directly into the net. we all now how much a pain in the net it is to get a squid jig out of a cast net.

i might have to go for a little drive and ruffle some feathers.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: which i really really enjoy

this is when you need a few old or very cheap squid jigs and just as they cast, chuck a few directly into the net. we all now how much a pain in the neck it is to get a squid jig out of a cast net.

i might have to go for a little drive and ruffle some feathers.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: which i really really enjoy

Watch out for park patrol hahaha have a few cheap jigs I can throw your way when I drop you off the sinkers too

SO Moses is now chasing squid!!!! (Only kiddimg, not starting anything)

I was down manly today at 5am and there were heaps of squid, probably the most I've seen in one place. If I had tried to net them could have got about 30 in one hit there were so many.

this is when you need a few old or very cheap squid jigs and just as they cast, chuck a few directly into the net. we all now how much a pain in the neck it is to get a squid jig out of a cast net.

i'll join you if i can use the .270....

i'll join you if i can use the .270....

i call my leftie the 270 and the rightie 375h&h :silly: :silly: :silly:

dont tell everyone tikki169. the netters are watching this thread to find out where the squid are.

unless your setting them up.

hahaha

True but I was in a different part of the harbour, I'd never seen squid there before and won't be publisising exactly where I was :)

Archived