Peel overnighter with the boys.. Video added!!!

Hfisho77

http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/videos/10143-redgie/video/329-fishing-peel-island

Hey guys,

The decision was made to make the most of the long weekend and spend Sunday through to Monday camping and fishing on Peel Island with the tinnies. Well the place was awesome with not only the fishing fantastic but all our surroundings and the whole location a spectacle. We headed out on Sunday arvo with the boys – Redgie, Runty and Sharkboi. We couldn’t have asked for better weather and the trip over to peel was glassy. Redgie and Dan (sharkboi) got out a few hours earlier and had some fun with some just undersize squire. When runty and I arrived we headed into horseshoe bay and set up camp. We then headed out onto a moonlit bay for a quick flick in the boats after a nice feed of sausages and two-minute noodles. We managed some nice bream, whiting and filthy grinner. One of which got sharked as runty was bringing it up and he lost his favourite lure :evil: there were also heaps of sharks tearing through the mullet in the shallows making a hell of a lot of noise which was exciting. We ended up hitting the sack at about 1.

Monday morning we were up at 4:30 and we spent the first 20 minutes dragging the boats across the sand flats to the water’s edge. It was the perfect warm-up really for the arm stretching action that was to follow!! ;) As we were rigging up before heading out I noticed a few swirls from fish in the shallows coming in with the incoming tide. I decided to chuck out an atomic hardz deep diver in about 20-30cm of water while everyone was rigging up. Well I got 3 in 3 casts all around 30cm and it was my highlight for the day wading in the shallows watching bream come up behind the lure and smashing it! Everyone else soon joined in and we converted to surface, ending up with about 8 fish altogether with heaps more strikes. The biggest went 30 fork.

For the rest of the day we moved around a bit and got a mix of squire, grassies, bream, whiting and the odd bust off. Redgie ended up with the best squire at 41cm.

All in all it was such a fun trip with plenty of laughs and good memories as well as a good feed of grassies, squire and whiting to boot. We will be talking about it for a while and can’t wait for the next opportunity we get to do it again.

post-9541-144598793616_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598793626_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598793632_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598793639_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598793649_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598793655_thumb.jpg

More pics and video to come.

cheers

Hugo

i tell you many things that you belive dan... i think you still think i deleted all my photo's at the bream soical of 40 plus cm bream ;) ahaha

Just like how you deleted the photo of your 5th fish at kft hey? ;)

haha i have people that have saw that tho :whistle:

i tell you many things that you belive dan... i think you still think i deleted all my photo's at the bream soical of 40 plus cm bream ;) ahaha

And I'll introduce you to people who have seen nessy and bigfoot

And I'll introduce you to people who have seen nessy and bigfoot

what bout santa and easter bunny?

Looks like a fun trip guys. But weres the 36 fork you have been bragging about? :P

Runty told me on FB the biggest went 34 fork. Talk about getting your story mixed up lol :P:P

I thought you also bagged out with 5 fish well over 30fork in 15 mins? :P:P

Looks like a fun trip guys. But weres the 36 fork you have been bragging about? :P

Runty told me on FB the biggest went 34 fork. Talk about getting your story mixed up lol :P:P

hahaha.. runty loves to talk things up ;)

ahaha nah, i said 5 bream in 30 mins over 30 ;) tip../

ahaha nah, i said 5 bream in 30 mins over 30 ;) tip../

yeh sure mate ;);). You said it was fishing awesome as you got 5 over 30FL in 15 mins. 5 over 30tip in 30mins aint so awesome by peel standards lol. Maybe a little awesome for you after your minibucks result haha

Thats an awesome weekend boys you will have to come along to one of the afo wanderers weekends camping we have been looking at doing one at horseshoe bay there on peel

Great stuff there fellas - looks like a top time was had. Mark - I'd be VERY keen for a Wanderers weekend at Peel. Haven't taken the tinny there yet. Actually I might even look at doing that for the tuna social - will just need to check with the organiser that it will be OK not to meet at the ramp first.

Archived