Hot day NPD

Dinodadog

Owed Bommie a favour so we decided to hit NPD this morning. We started off in the morning mist casting theedges looking for saratoga, but they did not want to play, We then trolled down the dam hoping to get a strike but that came to nothing also.So our next trick was the good old reliable shrimp. Action was a bit slow with these also but picked up a bit as the dat hotted up. Turned out to be a real hot day at NPD, not quite so hot with the fish though.

Both managed to get a yella each and a few bass a turtle, a spangle and a coupl of tandans I suppose overall better than nothing.

post-1453-144598794654_thumb.jpg

Still bloody lucky, I haven't even caught a bass

Pfft not luck at all. It's dedication....time, effort, knowledge, experiance, alot of preparation and alot of donuts over the years! Well maybe not lots of donuts haha but certainly alot of hours on the water fishin for them bass!!

Was a good day for it dino. Nice stuff

Thanks fellas

sari96 your best bet for your first bass would probably be the pump house behind petrie village. A shrimp or worm under a float and watch what the other people do and you cant go wrong. If you havnt got a car get a pushbike, a backpack, a 2 piece rod strapped toyour back and away you go exploring, you wont catch any sitting in front of the computer ha ha.

thanks for the spot Dennis, was a great day, great conversation and some fish on a very fishless day.

One highlight was when Dennis said we'll anchor here, there should be some yella's about, dropped my line down and bang I'm on,,,,,taken straight under a log, re rig and bang on again this time I gave no quarter and up pops a yella, then a minute or two later Dennis is on with a yella.

going by the capture records at the ramp very few if any fish had been recorded over the last couple of days,

thanks again mate

Thanks fellas

sari96 your best bet for your first bass would probably be the pump house behind petrie village. A shrimp or worm under a float and watch what the other people do and you cant go wrong. If you havnt got a car get a pushbike, a backpack, a 2 piece rod strapped toyour back and away you go exploring, you wont catch any sitting in front of the computer ha ha.

Ok awesome, um could you still get one on a lure there?

Thanks fellas

From memory, bass don't take lures like bream don't they :whistle:

Thanks fellas

Who said bass don't take lures? :whistle:

Thanks fellas

I read somewhere that they do.

Thanks fellas

Haha, only muckin round with ya mate ;) Of course bass take lures! In fact, i'm not sure if there is one fish that doesn't. It'd just a matter of fact to use the right lure, at the right time at the right place. You can do an advanced search on bass lures and i'm sure you'll get some tips...

Good luck :)

Thanks fellas

Haha, only muckin round with ya mate ;) Of course bass take lures! In fact, i'm not sure if there is one fish that doesn't. It'd just a matter of fact to use the right lure, at the right time at the right place. You can do an advanced search on bass lures and i'm sure you'll get some tips...

Good luck :)

I'll start searching now

Archived