Dream Kayaks

Dobie65

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Dream Kayaks as I am interested in purchasing a couple of kayaks for my son and I to start fishing from.

I have fished from kayaks before and I know its what I want to do but cant say the same for my young feller so I wanted to start with something cheapish and then if all goes well upgrade when it is possible, looking to fish dams,creeks, rivers and estuary not looking to go offshore.

Dobie65

• 4 weeks later...

I got their single-seater dream catcher kayak and I LOVE it! Amazingly good value for a top-quality craft.

Simple yes - but ticks all the boxes for me. stable, great storage - a really deep storage well at the back, and to be honest what I like about it most is that it looks just INSANE! I love it!

Other than that they were just such a pleasure to deal with. They went out of their way to help me out and make sure I got what I needed.

I'd say GO FOR IT! :P

Gret the jet

• 1 month later...

I just bought a Dream Catcher and I cannot fault it. Easy to pick up and load on car and trailer. I am a bigger bloke and this Yak is really stable on the water and easy to get in and out of. I have been fishing a few times already and I love being able to manouvre into the spots I want to fish in. I got the extra rod holders put in behind the seat and these come in handy for extra rod and net. I am loving this new Kayak and it was very well priced when compared to some of the others I had a look at. Hull is quite thick and well built. I will be buying another one for the wife very soon.

• 1 year later...

The second yak I bought is a dream kayak and going well.

For creek bashing I find it great. I originally bought a Freak and would have bought another however I wanted the front and back pull handles to have the rope through the moulded plastic not a screw on saddle. When I looked at the dream catcher it had them but the freak had changed to the screw saddles. After heavy use dragging them up and down they can become loose and come out.

So that was the main reason for changing.

The only change I have made was I turned the access hatch so it opened away from me rather than on to my legs. 5 minutes with a cordless drill.

Your welcome to take it run before you commit if you like.

Cheers

Wayne

I have the dream catcher 2 and it is a great yak for the price. Best thing is that it comes with all the accessories included unlike many other kayaks. My brother bought the lightning but only had if for a couple of months before selling it and upgrading to the dream catch 2 as well.

I have the dream catcher 2 and it is a great yak for the price. Best thing is that it comes with all the accessories included unlike many other kayaks. My brother bought the lightning but only had if for a couple of months before selling it and upgrading to the dream catch 2 as well.

Good to know. I ordered one last night ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I want to buy a kayak that I can load a tent into and go on reasonably long trips. Can you tell me if the Dream Catcher would be good for that? or if it is durable as I've heard that some kayaks made in China don't last. I don't know where the Dream Catcher is made. There is one on Gumtree for $500. does this sound like a reasonable price?

Cheers Wendy

Probably looking for something around the 12 foot ( or longer ) mark if your looking to cart gear and do a bit of camping. Carrying food and water adds a bit to the weight.

You could probably put a basic 2 man tent and a gas stove in one of the small ones, but not a lot more.

They are a stable kayak but I don't generally do long trips in them other than floating down the river casting at snags. Mine has been belted around rocks timber when dragging across the ground and plenty of scuff marks on it but no holes.

They seem like a tough kayak for the price and I have 3 of them for the family and we all like them.

To do long paddling in them you would need to be fit as they're no sped machines.

If you want try one of mine out give me a hoy on 0412 808823.

cheers

Wayne

Archived