Reel matchin'

Whatsup, Homies?

So, I have a couple of Saltiga S Extreme rods. A 76GAME and 76GT.

I had planned on going a Saltiga 4000 and 6500 respectively.

Due to a money situation involving booze, broken cars and 2 big fishing trips, I'm looking to save a few bucks on reels.

I do still plan on buying a new 2010 Saltiga 6500 for the GT rod for the Jewel Reef trip, but the 76GAME I begin to question the need of such expensive investments.

Is there a reason I shouldn't buy a Certate HD 4000 or say, second hand Stella <10,000?

Ultimately I'd love 'em both to be new Saltigas, but I wanna use the rod a few times before said JR trip.

What would you do, what WOULD you do!?!?

Thanks, handsomes!

Damien

I'll ask the question, obviously the reels you mention are better than these but will the fish notice?

I have this same reel in a 5000 and have pulled a couple of reasonable mackerel on it
/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CATALYST-VXS-4000-8-1-BB-Spinning-Fishing-reel-S-S-Bearings-and-Main-Shaft-/160798593046?pt=AU_FishingReels&hash=item257057d016#ht_2382wt_1159

I have this one and have also pulled a few mackerel and some decent jobfish with no problems either.
/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PELAGIC-CNC-ALLOY-BR6500-BAITLEADER-SNAPPER-FISHING-REEL-/261022509398?pt=AU_FishingReels&hash=item3cc6276956#ht_2689wt_1135

For the price I am impressed

I can help as I just picked up the exact same rod due to a good price and the certate hyper 4000 I had wasn't really big enough or capable enough to handle what the rod could. Obviously I would've like a saltiga 4500 on it or one of the newer catalinas but with a limited budget I ended up with a shimano biomaster 8000pg it holds 400m of pe 3 and can't fish 10kg of drag now worries which suits the rod nicely. It feels pretty solid for $400 just don't expect it to be stella quality but having said that it's a tough reel and should take what ever you throw at it.

Cheers

Mark

Archived