Snapper Social 3rd of june

tugger

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stay longer the women will not want you around anyway trust me :woohoo:

I should be right for this one Mark. Missus has a Bridal Shower at 2pm so would just have to skip the after-gathering unfortunately. May have one decky spot available in my 14ft 30hp tinny - will advise closer. Not sure where I'd go yet - prob somewhere around Peel if the weather is good.

Ahhhh, forget to extrapolate - this means I'll be on babysitting duties ......

Mark - I'm about to send you a PM regarding this event.

bro is keen to fish again this sundayy 3/6 , since yesterday was a good day for us .

lines up well ,we are in for this .fishing the bay around peel .

sorry no deckie spots ,boat won't plane with 3 people in and its a long ride not on the plane .

There is 2 large high pressure sytems over southern australia and you generally get a couple of days with the gap between them of lower winds as it passes through the timing of this will be more evident in a day or 2 .

I was hoping we would have had a true winter pattern by now with calm weather for close to a week with the high pressure systems further north over the central part of the country but planning these events this far out is a roll of the dice with the weather.

It will all depend on the swell height and direction by the weekend the forecast is looking alright for the bar the tide is in our favour with high tide just after 7am the wind is looking good so far and will keep a close eye on it i'll keep you updated

you reckon the bar will be ok tugger?

Details for tomorrow

So i'll meet everyone at the ramp at cleveland i'll be there from 0430 till 0530 when i'm off fishing so come and register between those times then we'll meet back at the grand veiw pub at 2pm out in the beer garden. You can park the boats on the street out behind the pub and walk up the hill straight into the beer garden as it worked out good during the tuna social.

Measure the snapper to the fork of the tail and i'll tell you the hand signal for the day when you register. Try to get the best photo you can on a brag mat or bring any legal size snapper back to show the gang.

I had a good look at the charts tonight and to me its not looking the best,especially for smaller boats or inexperienced skippers.

We have a deepening barometric pressure with a swell abating but it's still going to be 1.8 to 2m on Sunday.

My biggest worry though is looking at the charts we are going to have probably a 10-15kn E to ESE all night long on Sat night which is going to push that ground swell directly onto the bar and make it very messy.

Going on the synoptic I doubt we will see a Westerly Sat night to knock the tops of the sea.

Swell has already dropped to 2m now from 2.5m ESE yesterday this is from the waverider bouys which give updates every 15 minutes and i expect it to drop more by sunday i'm thinking of using the northern channel which is alot deeper and with the incoming tide till 7am it should be go. The BOM prediction has the wind E to NE 10 to 15knots but any doubt at all you can opt to stay in the bay

Archived