Snapper Social 3rd of june

tugger

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not always just legals in the bay Angus there have been some big fellas already caught a tip if you want to chase them bigger models is try the deeper water just off the reefs in around 10m with a solid berley trail

Going no matter what.

Good species in that sense. If we can go, then its offshore for big ones. If not, we can hug the point and at least chase some just legals...

Angus

I hope it drops a little bit more and it should be fine.

If not fishing the river lol.

Anyone got a deckie spot going offshore in big boat B)

Experience deckie n got myself a little rep at the rock :whistle:

mate it is looking not too bad at this stage but if the westerlies change and dont come on monday the swell might get here a lot quicker,but with a swell at 1.9 and 12 secs apart should be good,what do you think mark?

sitting out on this one as wife working so i have the kids :blush:

any way for every thats going out here is what buoyweather is saying for Sunday:-Sunday 6/3

Morning

Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small long period swell.

Seas: E 1.3 meters at 13 seconds

Winds: SE 3 to 3 knots

Afternoon

Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small long period swell.

Seas: E 1.3 meters at 13 sec.

Winds: E 5 to 7 knots

good luck every one

Wishing i could Fish this one,

2 weekends . a go we fished the bay 4 days straight and got fish 8 fish between 5.1kg and 10.28kg all fom inside the bay,

Good luck to all heading out....

Not doubting you but any pics? Would love to see a pic of a 10+kg snap.

willy weather has a easterly swell on sunday..if it is fellas take care as this is a shocking swell on the bar...wouldn't worry bout it in a smaller boat ...i wont be fishing the comp this weekend have other commitments,might sneak out early sunday morning for a look

Just a reminder i'll be there early if you want to get out around the bays reefs before first light

So i'll meet everyone at the ramp at cleveland i'll be there from 0430 till 0530 when i'm off fishing so come and register between those times then we'll meet back at the grand veiw pub at 2pm out in the beer garden. You can park the boats on the street out behind the pub and walk up the hill straight into the beer garden as it worked out good during the tuna social.

Measure the snapper to the fork of the tail and i'll tell you the hand signal for the day when you register. Try to get the best photo you can on a brag mat or bring any legal size snapper back to show the gang.

Tugger ill message my skipper and see if I can take you up on that earlier departure.

I always seem to get my better bay snapper in that 30 minutes just before dawn.

Angus

P.S. I know this is a long shot due to the likability of snapper on the plate, but I am hving my family over for a BBQ sunday night so if anyone catches a decent (legal) fish and doesnt want it... :) Please consider donating to the "Angus needs to feed 8 people" fund hahaha.

have fun guys, couldnt get a spot so I wont be coming

btw, how do you rig a live squid? they die within a couple of minutes

We have been catching the squid on one of the spots we chase these fish, so one person onboard is rigged ready with a squid jig and we catch squid while waiting for the snapper to come on, we put a 10'0 through the top once and they go straight back out

The weather is looking very average..

From the BOM

Moreton Bay Waters:

Saturday until midnight: Winds: NE 10 to 15 knots, reaching 15 to 20 knots at times. Seas: 0.9 of a metre. Scattered showers and rain areas. Possible thunderstorm.

Sunday: Winds: NE to NW 15 to 20 knots, shifting N to NW in the evening. Seas: 0.9 of a metre. Rain areas and possible thunderstorms.

post-9629-144598807722_thumb.png

post-9629-144598807749_thumb.gif

post-9629-144598807758_thumb.png

the charter i was booked on canceled due to the weather :( again :angry:

so if anyone has a last minute cancelation by thier decky and needs a new one please call me on 0439726008

happy to fish outside, bay or river,lures or bait all good

not scared of rain or chop

dont get sea sick

can throw a castnet

otherwise it's a wet arse in the yak or me

the charter i was booked on canceled due to the weather :( again :angry:

so if anyone has a last minute cancelation by thier decky and needs a new one please call me on 0439726008

happy to fish outside, bay or river,lures or bait all good

not scared of rain or chop

dont get sea sick

can throw a castnet

otherwise it's a wet arse in the yak or me

hey jeff most likely hitting sunken wall at brissie mouth in yak if you decide to go that way drop me a message anyone one welcome will be at cleveland for registration then heading to brissie.ezy

I am out as well. Based on the forecast offshore doesn't look doable except maybe from the gold coast.

Don't really know how to chase snapper in the bay and any decent spots except the south of mud will be unpleasant in a northerly.

Archived