State of Origin 7 in a Row?

Gad

In a controversial affair, Queensland captain Gorden Tallis was sent from the field for abusing the referee,[1] in fact calling him a cheat. After Ryan Girdler had scored a try to level at 16-all which appeared to have included two knock-ons in the lead up, a furious Tallis confronted Harrigan and was immediately dismissed after calling him "a effing cheat". Six minutes later the Blues took advantage of the extra man for David Peachey to cross out wide and secure a 20-16 win.

Immediately after the game Tallis was summonsed to a judiciary hearing at the ground but was not suspended. He had been to the referee's room beforehand and apologised to Harrigan. Blues prop Robbie Kearns later claimed in the Melbourne Herald Sun newspaper that Tallis was to blame for Queensland's loss by showing poor discipline and that he had let himself and his side down.

There you go, worst single decision in the history of Origin.

I do actually remember this. Im just not too good with my years when things happen. I never knew that Tallis went and apologized though. Good on him, ive always thought less off Tallis because of this. The new info changes my opinion somewhat.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember that, Eddie. The ruling was that Hodgson's arms never came into contact with the ball - it went straight through only hitting his chest/stomach. Therefore, technically there was no knock-on. Similar to the technicality on the GI try last week.

I recall Sterlo going off in commentary about it, but in the end he was wrong - just the same as the GI try whingers are wrong :lol:

Archived