New addition to the family :)

Manni79

I know there is a what i've bought thread but figured will do this one for the Fly Fisherman on the site

I was going to go all out with a Sage combo and then came back to my sense and got a fly outfit a little more modest

to get the hang of this funny sport :P

It's a Wild Fish 8wt outfit :)

It's getting a run this Friday & Saturday up at Noosa with carter :woohoo: :woohoo:

post-8859-144598797281_thumb.jpg

let's hope I pop my fly cherry in a few days !

Have fun with it mate and no matter how hard it seems stick with it also some guys use eight weights for Longies so it would be worth a shot as long as you have the backing. Also where did you get the flys? one looks like a Bass Vampire and the other a popper of some sort which i cant seem to find in stores.

Cheers

Mark

Have fun with it mate and no matter how hard it seems stick with it also some guys use eight weights for Longies so it would be worth a shot as long as you have the backing. Also where did you get the flys? one looks like a Bass Vampire and the other a popper of some sort which i cant seem to find in stores.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks Mark

there's 300 metres of the 30 braid and then the fly line & leader on top, so plenty of line to lose.

Yep one is a Bass Vampire & the other is a Bass Bug - tackle warehouse has them

Also i've recently been talking with a guy james fox who ties his own flies, he makes some seriously mad looking flies

can pass you his details if ya want

You will love using the fly Manni once you get the hang of it.

Grab yourself some No.6 hooks and tie some wool onto them and cut the the hook off in front of the barb,about the middle of the bend is good and use those when you practice casting in your back yard or on land.

You will crack a few flies off to start with until you get the timing right so its better to lose a hook with wool on it than your good flies.

The care and maintenance of your fly line is also as important as anything else in that sport,especially if you ever want to go the lighter gear and start using floating lines and dry flies.

Casting a fly is all about technique and timing so learn it right from the beginning and you will never look back.

Archived